PPV REPORTS 10/8 NWA-TNA PPV report: Ongoing "virtual time" results of live event
Oct 8, 2003 - 8:59:00 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
By Wade Keller, Torch editor
The basic results of tonight's PPV will be posted here over the two hours that the show airs live, so hit refresh or check back every few minutes for the latest update. Torch VIP members, jump over to the ad-free VIP Torch website (pwtorch.com/members) for my detailed match-by-match descriptions and analysis and star ratings. Also, Torch subscribers who have signed up for the free bonus VIP Email Express service will receive the full length Keller PPV Report and the Torch staff PPV Roundtable Reviews shortly after the PPV. You can get info on becoming a VIP member by visiting PWTorch.com/AboutVIP.html...
NWA-TNA PPV report
October 8, 2003
Live from Nashville, Tenn.
-Jeff Jarrett opened the show with a promo in the ring calling out Dusty Rhodes and saying just like other icons such as Hulk Hogan and Macho Man, he's just in it for himself - specifically complaining about getting himself an NWA Title match this week. He said in two weeks he'll either face Dusty or A.J. Styles, and either way he'll win the title.
(1) Red Shirted Security (w/Don Callis) beat D-Lo Brown & Chris Vaughn. Afterward, Erik Watts saved D-Lo and Vaughn from a post-match attack.
Mike Tenay said they had a major announcement later about the future of TNA.
A pre-taped interview aired with Dusty who talked about first winning the NWA Title in 1979 and how he might have one more big win him.
(2) Michael Shane pinned Chris Sabin with a handful of tights to retain the X Title and win possession of the Super X trophy in 7:00.
Glenn Gilberti, Johnny Swinger, and Simon Diamond tried to convince David Young that they hit him with a chair last week because they like him.
(3) Glen Gilberti & Johnny Swinger & Simon Diamond beat 3 Live Krew in an elimination match in 11:00.
James Mitchell cut a promo on The New Church.
(4) Christopher Daniels pinned Frankie Kazarian in 6:00 after interference from Daniels's minion at ringside.
Hudson interviewed Raven backstage about facing Sin later.
(5) America's Most Wanted beat Kid Kash & Abyss in 7:00. Really good tag. Afterward, Kash slapped around Abyss. and Abyss finally fought back.
Douglas said he is looking for someone outside of the business to turn into the next Franchise.
(6) Raven pinned Sin. Afterward, he was hanged again by the heels, but C.M. Punk made the save.
Tenay officially announced (as if the NWA-TNA website announcement wasn't official) the Nov. 30 mega-PPV.
(7) A.J. Styles pinned Dusty Rhodes when he passed out during a figure-four at 15:47. Dusty got really winded and needed long rest periods. He literally sat down during the match several times, yet the finish was designed (at his insistence, I would asume) was presented by Tenay as a fluke with Tenay pointing out that Styles had tapped out to Dusty earlier but the ref didn't see it. Styles in a weird way still got a rub from this match with Dusty.
Afterward Russo, Styles, Trinity, Ekmo, and Siaki attacked Dusty. AMW and Jarrett made the save. Russo insisted he'd prevent Jarrett from winning the NWA Title on Oct. 22. Dusty set up a match with him and AMW vs. Russo & Ekmo & Siaki next week.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**