PPV REPORTS 10/19 WWE No Mercy PPV: Keller's ongoing "virtual time" results of PPV
Oct 19, 2003 - 9:47:00 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
By Wade Keller, Torch editor
I'll be reporting the results of the WWE No Mercy PPV tonight as it happens. After each match concludes, check back for the results. I'll also be posting my detailed VIP Email Express report as I write it at the Torch VIP website (pwtorch.com/members), so if you're a Torch Newsletter subscriber and have a VIP password, jump over to the VIP website for the more detailed results and analysis. We'll also post at the VIP website and send out to VIP Email Express members our Torch PPV Roundtable with scores and reviews from the Torch staff (Bruce Mitchell, James Guttman, Pat McNeill, Jason Powell, and me). We'll also be posting a VIP Audio Roundtable tonight with a discussion of the PPV and the death of Road Warrior Hawk...
WWE No Mercy PPV
October 19, 2003
A video montage previewed the Steph-Vince match, then a brief mention was made of Brock-Taker.
(1) Tajiri pinned Rey Mysterio to retain the Cruiserweight Title at 12:05. Two "fans" (Jimmy Yang and Keiji Sakada, a new tag team in WWE) distracted Rey by charging to the ring, and then Tajiri blindsided him with a kick for the win. Really good opener.
Vince talked about facing Steph later. He said he wasn't looking forward to it and was stressed out over the prospects of it.
(2) Chris Benoit beat A-Train at 12:21 with the Crossface. Good match. Nasty bump by Benoit face-first onto a chair when Train dropped him. He recovered fine.
(3) Zach Gowen pinned Matt Hardy at 6:50 after a moonsault. Clean finish. Cole and Tazz made a big deal out of it being Zach's first singles win.
Linda asked Vince to back out of the match. Vince said no, but he would make a concussion. He'd make it so that he could only win via submission, whereas Steph could win via submission or pinfall. He said, though, that he was making it a no holds barred match. Linda threw her arms in the air and stormed out of the roon.
(4) The Bashams (w/Shaniqua) beat The APA at 8:55 after Shaniqua KO'd Bradshaw with a club. Decent action.
-Afterward, Shaniqua, sporting a new boob job, said the Bradshaw clothesline caused "permanent swelling in her chest." The Bashams were drooling over her new breasts. She said they were going to be rewarded for their win.
(5) Vince McMahon beat Stephanie McMahon when Linda threw the towel into the ring at 9:28 as Vince choked Steph with a lead pipe. SuperSteph, the sister of Super Shane-O-Mac, would never actually quit on her own. The crowd was into the spectacle, and Linda and Sable at ringsided added to the crazy scene. What you'd expect, with the facials and Steph screaming and low blows.
(6) Kurt Angle beat John Cena via ankle lock tapout at 18:24. Very good match, but not at the four star level.
(7) Big Show beat Eddie Guerrero at 11:22 to capture the U.S. Title after a chokeslam. Solid match given the size difference. Chavo chewed out Eddie after the match for letting down the family.
Big Show gloated about his win backstage and said, "I told you so!" He did a nice job making the title win seem like a big deal.
(8) Brock Lesnar pinned Undertaker at 24:20 to retain the WWE Hvt. Title. Taker got the chain after fending off a run-in by the FBI, but then Vince knocked him off the top rope. Brock then KO'd Taker with the chain. Some nice spots, including Taker doing a running leap over the top rope with a tackle onto Palumbo and Stambolli. There were a few nice spots between Taker and Brock. Overall, though, too much time spent in first and second gear that knocked the crowd out of the match.
If you saw the event, send your 1-10 score, picks for best and worst matches, and comments on the show, send them to PPVfeedback@pwtorch.com.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**