PPV REPORTS 5/18 WWE Judgment Day PPV report: Ongoing "virtual time" results
May 18, 2003 - 9:55:00 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
By Wade Keller, Torch editor
WWE Judgment Day PPV
May 18, 2003
Live from Charlotte, N.C.
Steve Austin introduced the show from the ring and said he'd be watching from a suite.
(1) The FBI & John Cena beat Spanky & Rhyno & Chris Benoit at 3:55 when Spanky got pinned.
Eric Bischoff walked into Bischoff's suite. Austin offered him a beer, but then did a toast, spilling beer all over Bischoff.
(2) La Resistance beat Test & Scott Steiner (w/Stacy) when Steiner got pinned at 6:20.
Eddie Guerrero introduced Tajiri as his new partner.
(3) Eddie Guerrero & Tajiri beat Team Angle in a ladder match at 14:10 to capture the WWE Tag Team Titles. Very good match.
Chris Jericho and Roddy Piper cut a good promo interacting with each other backstage about each other's interview segments on the respective shows and about each of their matches on the PPV.
Ross and Lawler talked about the returning IC Title. A history feature aired on the IC Title. Pat Patterson came out (to Mae Young's music for some reason) to kick off the start of the IC Title battle royal.
(4) Christian won the IC Title in a battle royal at 11:55. Participants in the IC battle royal were: Val Venis (Sean Morley returning under the gimmick he had as IC Champion), Christian, Test, Rob Van Dam, Kane, Lance Storm, Goldust, Chris Jericho. It came down to Christian, Jericho, and Booker. Christian turned on Jericho to eliminate him. Booker won at first, but the ref was down. Christian then hit Booker with the IC belt and when the ref came to, he threw a KO'd Booker over the top rope to win.
Torrie beat Sable in the bikini contest. Torrie kissed Sable afterward to show there were no hard feelings. Sable seemed pleased that her mindgames seem to be winning Torrie over.
Vince McMahon gave Roddy Piper a "ruthless aggression" peptalk backstage.
(5) Mr. America pinned Roddy Piper at 4:50 after O'Haire accidentally hit Piper with a pipe. Zach Gowen (a/k/a Tenacious Z) was at ringside for Hogan and at the end he held McMahon back from stopping the three count. He then hid behind America afterward.
Steph told Hunter backstage to "be careful out there."
(6) Kevin Nash (w/Shawn Michaels) beat Triple H (w/Ric Flair) via DQ when Hunter hit Nash with the title belt in front of the ref at 7:22, so Hunter retained the World Title.
Bischoff threw up in the suite outside of the window onto fans below when Austin fed him another jalapeno pepper. Their skits were funny tonight.
(7) Jazz pinned Jacqueline to win a four-way women's match also with Trish Stratus and Victoria to retain the WWE Women's Title at 4:47.
(8) Brock Lesnar beat Big Show in a stretcher match to retain the WWE Title at 15:27. Brock drove a fork lift up to ringside, dove off of it onto Big Show, gave him an F5, rolled him onto the forklift, and drove him away to win the match.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**