PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
By Wade Keller, Torch editor
Michael Cole and Tazz introduced the show.
(1) Team Angle beat The Guerreros at 14:41 when Benjamin tripped Chavo from ringside leading to Haas falling onto Chavo for the pin. Good match. The Guerreros stole the tag title belts after the match.
Test forced a kiss on Torrie backstage.
(2) Sean O'Haire pinned Rikishi. Rikishi seconds earlier broke a coconut over Roddy Piper's head, but then O'Haire blindsided Rikishi with his finisher for the pin.
Sable told Stacy that Torrie and Test kissed. Stacy stormed off.
(3) Kane & RVD beat The Dudleys to retain the WWE Tag Titles. Chief Morley, who appointed himself referee, low-blowed Kane late in the match. Despite that, and interference from Lance Storm, RVD hit the Frog Splash for the win. With Morley knocked out, a second ref made the count. Solid tag match.
Stacy approached Torrie in the women's locker room. Stacy attacked Torrie when she blamed Test for initiating the kiss. The rest of the women broke up the cat fight (which included an actual cat walking through the room!)
(4) Jazz pinned Trish at 5:50 to capture the WWE Women's Title with use of the ropes for leverage.
(5) Big Show pinned Rey Mysterio at 3:45. Rey was stretchered out of the ring. Show attacked Rey after he was attached to the stretcher and swung him into the ringpost while he was attached to the stretcher. Rey landed with a thud on the floor face-first.
-Torrie and Stacy got in another backstage fight. Scott Steiner tended to Stacy. Test saw it and chewed out Steiner.
(6) Brock Lesnar beat John Cena at 15:15 to retain the WWE Smackdown Title. Exactly what you'd expect from these two - an honest effort that came up short of main event quality. A long mat hold by Cena killed the crowd at 10:00. They seemed unsure of themselves during several exchanges that followed. Lesnar won clean with the F5 after the ref caught Cena with a chain.
(7) Hunter & Ric Flair & Chris Jericho beat Kevin Nash & Booker T & Shawn Michaels when Hunter pinned Nash after hitting him with the sledge hammer at 17:45. Good action.
(8) Goldberg pinned The Rock clean at 15:00 after a Jackhammer. Rock carried it with his antics while Goldberg mostly stood around and made faces. The crowd turned against Goldberg. Actually, half were against him to begin with. Interesting, but not even three stars.
VIP E-mail Express subscribers will be sent my detailed match-by-match descriptions and analysis including star ratings shortly after the event concludes. For VIP info, check out www.torchnewsletter.com.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**