WWE News 6/1 WWE in Toronto: Results of Smackdown and Velocity tapings
Jun 1, 2004 - 11:18:00 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
WWE Smackdown tapings
June 1, 2004
Report by Adam Lebow, PWTorch.com reader
(1) Carly Colon defeated Ruffy Silverstein via Pinfall when Clone his Ruffy with a Jeff Jarett like "stroke."
(1) Mark Jindrak (w/Theodore Long) pinned Kidman when Jindrak reverses a Kidman high spot.
(2) Rico & Charlie Hass (w/ Miss Jackie) defeated Akio & Sakoda to retain the WWE Tag Titles via Pinfall when Hass pined Sakoda with a German Suplex with a bridge.
(3) Spike Dudley pinned Shannon Moore when Dudley hit the Dudley Dog.
Booker T said he wasn't afraid of the Undertaker. John Cena came out and said Booker almost cost him his title last week and wants a match. Angle refused to let Cena have the match which eventually led to a Brawl between Booker T and Cena. Cena would knock over Angle and Angle would then say he is going to the board of directors to strip Cena of the U.S. Title.
(1) Eddie Guerrero defeated Danny Basham (w/Doug Basham) in a Non-Title Match via Pinfall after the Frog Splash.
Kenzo Suzuki debuts next week.
(2) Billy Gunn & Hardcore Holly defeated The F.B.I. via pinfall when Gunn pinned Nunzio after Holly and Nunzio hit a Powerbomb-Running Neck Breaker Combo.
(3) Miss Jackie defeated Sable and Dawn Marie and Torrie Wilson via crowd decision. Basically Jamie Noble was the guest host and the girls beat him down after the event.
(4) Chavo Classic (w/Chavo Guerrero Jr.) pinned Funaki. Chavo Jr. knocked Funaki off the top rope and Classic got the pin. Some ladies jumped the guard rail and celebrated with Classic, however it was later revealed that Classic paid the ladies for their services. It led to Jr. saying he was proud of his father.
(5) Rey Mysterio defeated Rene Dupree (w/ Fifi) via Pinfall after Mysterio rolled through a Dupree Powerbomb Attempt.
JBL did a promo saying it will be a Bullrope Match at GAB.
(6) Undertaker wrestled Booker T to a no-decision after the match was interrupted by Paul Heyman and the Dudley Boyz. Heyman told Taker he was one week to make a decision. He can either join the Dudley Boyz and Heyman in their stable and get back Paul Bearer or he will never see his urn or Paul again.
After the cameras stopped, JBL came out and cut a promo on Canada and Taker. He attacked Taker followed by Dupree, Dudley Boyz and Booker T (who was still at ringside). Cena and Guerrero made the save which led to Booker T getting chokeslamed to end the night.
It was a so-so Smackdown.
QUICK TIPS FOR SENDING RESULTS
If you attend an arena event in future, either house shows or TV tapings, we encourage you to send us a report for publication. You can direct your reports to email@example.com.
We accept reports in any format, but if it's not much trouble, please format your report like you see above, with the matches numbered like this (1), (2), (3), with the opening line of each match paragraph stating who over whom (don't just say Wrestler A vs. Wrestler beat with the result listed later; instead, state up front who won so those readers who don't have time to read the entire report (i. e. their boss walks past their cubicle all the time looking over their shoulder) can at least quickly assess the results.
Also, please list tag teams using the "&" symbol as opposed to stating "and. " Reserve use of "and" when listing results in a three-way or four-way match where there are no teams (i. e. "Wrestler A over Wrestler B and Wrestler C in a three-way match") so it is easy to differentiate a handicap match from a three-way match.
If you know HTML coding for bolding, you can also bold out the first line of each match description. If you don't know HTML symbols, then we can add those ourselves.
Special thanks to everyone who helps us with reports on live events!
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**