WWE News WWE NEWS: Smackdown SPOILERS 3/1 - full results for Friday's "Social Media Smackdown," plus post-taping main event
Feb 27, 2013 - 12:15:00 AM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
WWE Smackdown TV taping results
February 26, 2013
Oklahoma City, Okla.
Report by Aaron Webb, PWTorch correspondent
Smackdown TV SPOILERS 3/1
Alberto Del Rio vs. Damien Sandow opened the show.
(1) World Hvt. champion Alberto Del Rio beat Damien Sandow via submission in a non-title match. Del Rio won with the cross arm-breaker.
(2) U.S. champion Antonio Cesaro beat The Miz in a two-out-of-three falls match to retain the U.S. Title. Cesaro won the first fall with the Neutralizer, Miz made him tap to the figure-four for the second fall, and Cesaro reversed a roll-up and pulled the tights after a ref bump for the third fall.
(3) Sin Cara beat Heath Slater with a roll-up.
Jim Ross interviewed Jack Swagger and Dutch (Zeb Colter). Swagger insulted OU and Dutch did his immigration schtick. Ross said he disagrees with their beliefs and Swagger goes to slap Ross's hat off his head, but missed. He got it the second time. Swagger said if Ross isn't part of the solution, then he's part of the problem. He backed Ross into a corner, but Del Rio came out to save the local hero and Jack backed down.
(4) WWE tag champions Daniel Bryan & Kane beat Prime Time Players after a chokeslam. Team Hell No featured Kane blindfolded and Bryan with one arm tied behind his back, reversing the set-up from Raw. Kane's blindfold had a goatface on it, which he wasn't happy about, so he put it on Daniel's head and delivered an uppercut.
Backstage, Matt Striker interviewed Fandango. Fandango kept correcting Striker that it's Fon-dong-oooohhh and refused to wrestle this week since Striker couldn't get it right.
(5) Randy Orton beat Big Show via DQ after The Shield interfered. Sheamus came to help, then Roman Reigns bumps into Big Show and received the WMD. Orton and Sheamus turned their backs on Big Show and Orton took a chokeslam for it. Sheamus then hit Show with a Brogue Kick.
Dark Match: Sheamus & Orton & Kane apparently defeated The Shield in a six-man tag match. The faces hit their finishers and Shield retreated. The ref didn't count them out, though. Orton's music started playing as soon as they rolled out of the ring.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**