WWE News WWE NEWS: NXT SPOILERS - more details on Thursday TV taping with NXT Title match, Big Show bonus main event, more
Nov 16, 2012 - 2:23:34 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
WWE NXT TV taping results
November 15, 2012
Full Sail University in Florida
Report by Kyle Deck (@kyledeck), PWTorch correspondent
Dark Match: Fandango beat Garrett Dylan with a pretty cool finisher. The crowd was digging Fandango.
Dark Match #2: Layla beat Alicia Fox with the Lay-Out.
Episode 1 - Airing December 12
(1) U.S. champion Antonio Cesaro beat Michael McGillicutty with the Neutralizer in a non-title match. This match had some really good back and forth, and McGillicutty worked the role of
(2) Bo Dallas beat Axel Keegan with a Spear. After the match, Bo started to cut a promo challenging
anyone from the top of the roster to the bottom. (Big Show would later accept this challenge for the bonus main event.) But, Bo lost his composure when someone in the crowd shouted “Edge wants his gimmick back.”
(3) Corey Graves beat Yoshi Tatsu via submission with a “fuller leglock,” which looks like an upside-down figure-four. Really good heat for Graves.
(4) Roman Reigns beat Gavin Reid in a squash match. Byron Saxton tried to interview Reigns after the match, but Roman cut him off and kicked him out of the ring to cut his own heel promo. Reigns seems to have the whole package. His promo was arrogant, and received pretty good heat from a very “pro-heel” crowd.
(5) Tyson Kidd beat Leo Kruger via submission with the The Dungeon Lock. Really good match. It is really stunning to watch Kidd work.
After the match, Kassius Ohno came out and attacked Kidd from behind. As Ohno was about to hit his KO elbow, William Regal pulled Kidd out of the ring to close the show.
Episode 2 - Airing December 19
(1) Paige beat Sasha Banks (formerly Mercedes KV). Paige is a really solid in-ring wrestler and is loved by the Full Sail crowd. This was a massive improvement to the normal Divas matches seen on a weekly basis.
- Oliver Grey was in the ring awaiting his opponent when Bray Wyatt came out on stage. Wyatt said it was time to meet the next son of the Wyatt family and out came Erick Rowan. Wyatt sat at the top of the ramp in a rocking chair while Rowan dismantled Grey.
(2) Erick Rowan beat Oliver Grey with his unnamed finisher.
- NXT Commissioner Dusty Rhodes comes out to promote the NXT Championship match between challenger Jinder Mahal and defending champion Seth Rollins later tonight. He quickly turned his attention to the $5,000 bounty Vickie Guerrero placed on Big E. Langston a few weeks back and called her a bitch, which he then apologized for.
Camacho interrupted and says he is accepting the offer to take out Langston because he “needs money." Langston then comes out and says next week Camacho can try to take him out. Big E. even offers Camacho the chance to choose anyone he wants to team up to try to take him out.
(3) NXT champion Seth Rollins beat Jinder Mahal (in 3MB gear) with Blackout to retain the NXT Title. This was a good match, but not as good as their match for the title initially.
After the match, Corey Graves came out and exchanged words with Rollins to close the show.
Episode 3 - Airing December 26
(1) The Usos beat Epico & Primo when Jey hit a splash on Primo. The crowd was out of the match until the end when they came to life for the Usos's win. Primo and Epico were extremely dull, but the chant of the night was a “Where’s Carlito?” chant that started up mid-match.
After the match, The Ascension appeared on the Titantron while The Usos celebrated their win, extending their rivalry.
(2) Big E. Langston beat Aiden English & Camacho when Langston hit the Big Ending on English after Camacho bailed. Big E. was mega-over with the crowd. After the match, Big E. did the five count not once, but twice.
Reax: There is no doubt that Big E. is the most over star that they have in NXT. The crowd just lost it when he did the five-count. He is decent on the mic, but I wouldn’t expect to see him while Ryback is still around. But, Langston is pretty good in-ring. I’ve seen him work a couple longer matches, and it is much better than the usual muscle heads.
(3) Kassius Ohno beat Percy Watson with the KO elbow. This match was extremely sloppy, Watson was poor, and Ohno seemed to struggle with that. The crowd was worn out by this point.
- WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross came out and introduced NXT Champion Seth Rollins for an interview. Rollins was asked about his defense over Jinder Mahal last week and what’s next for him. Corey Graves interrupted, saying that he will become the next champion. Graves ambushed Rollins and placed him in a submission hold. Referees had to come out to break it up to close the show.
Reax: I really like this Graves-Rollins rivalry. They could do well.
Dark Match: World Heavyweight champion Big Show beat Bo Dallas with the W.M.D. to retain the World Title. Note: This match may be included in the third episode.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**