TNA News 12/13 TNA Impact tapings for Spike TV: Full results from Orlando of next three Spike TV episodes
Dec 13, 2005 - 11:02:00 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
TNA Impact tapings
December 13, 2005
Orlando, Fla. at Universal Studios
Report by Alan Wojcik, PWTorch.com correspondent
Welcome to a VERY long day of TNA tapings. Between the tapings we were asked, well more liked forced to exit the soundstage. Normally I wouldn't be upset but it's not exactly Florida weather today. They didn't let anyone including wheelchair guests, sit off camera, so I am on some of TV wearing a blue Santa hat. The Pit taught Spanish announcer Arnando Quintero how to do the Bentley Bounce as he stood with them for a couple of the first session matches. Jeremy Borash was joined by $o Cal Val and Miss Vanessa. Former CEO Frank Dickerson was in attendance. Car driver Hermie Sadler was sitting with Dickerson.
Taping session one, most likely Xplosion matches:
(1) Sonjay Dutt & Austin Aires defeated Diamonds in the Rough members "Primetime" Elix Skipper & David Young (w/Simon Diamond dressed in a track outfit) when Dutt countered out of the Play of the Day and hit modified acecrusher into a double knee shot to Skipper's back.
(2) "The Prince of Punk" Shannon Moore defeated Cassidy Riley when he blocked Riley's attempted top rope huracanrana, then came off to hit a spinning neckbreaker like move.
(3) "The Future" Chris Sabin & Lance Hoyt defeated "the Messiah of the Backbreaker" Roderick Strong & John Bolen (the guy who debuted on the PPV pre-show) after Sabin hit Bolen with the Cradle Shock. Bolen got over as a heel.
Mike Tenay and Don West entered the ring to film some stuff for the New Years Eve Impact show. I used this time to read more of the Guerrero book. A kid standing next to me told me the following happened as I read. NWA World Heavyweight champion Jeff Jarrett, Gail Kim and Monty Brown said they would be teaming up on the NYE special. Christian Cage came out next and said some stuff. He was followed by America's Most Wanted with Gail Kim who said they were facing A.J. Styles and Christopher Daniels. That would make sense then since Styles and Daniels came out next for a promo. Being NYE they dressed the fans in party hats and other items. Borash said the second taping session would include the NYE matches.
(4) Team Canada members Petey Williams, A1 & Bobby Roode defeated The Naturals (Chase Stevens & Andy Douglas) and Shark Boy when Williams hit Shark Boy with the Canadian Destroyer.
Taping session number two:
They filmed matches to air this Saturday. In the studio we didn't see an opening of any kind and none of interviews that were taped Monday were shown to the fans. NWA World Heavyweight champion Jeff Jarrett came out before the opening bout to confront Mike Tenay about Sting's arrival in TNA. Only the home audience knows what Tenay said to Jarrett.
(1) NWA World X Division champion Samoa Joe defeated Jay Lethal. Both men traded moves but neither made a difference until Joe laid in several kicks to the body. Lethal fired back with a Matrix-like drop kick but when he tried to Irish whip Joe it was reversed and he got hit with a boot to the face, a knee drop and chest chops. Next came a running knee to corner, the facewash and the Ole kick. Joe locked in a chinlock but Lethal escaped only to be hit with a Powerslam, the musclebuster and ended up submitting to the Kokina Clutch.
(2) Alex Shelley (w/digital camera) defeated Matt Bentley (w/Traci Brooks and the Pit doing the Bentley Bounce). Shelley got in some forearms to the back but his takeover was reversed by Bentley who hit punches and a dropkick for two. As "the Prince of Punk" Shannon Moore watched on from atop the heel entry way, Shelley took over on Bentley with a back suplex and his move where he mounts his opponent to drive his face in the mat. They traded chest chops but Shelley hit Bentley with a running double knee to the corner. When Moore showed off a sign "the X division needs to get punked," Shelley bailed from the ring and filmed it. When he went back to the ring Bentley hit Shelley with an STO but Shelley fought off Bentley and rolled him up with what looked like a hand full of tights.
(3) Rhino defeated Joe Doering (who debuted on the PPV pre-show). Rhino started beating Doering down and didn't let up even when Doering got in some offense. Rhino ended the match hitting the GORE!!!! After the match Rhino got on the mic as the fans chanted "You Got Screwed." Rhino spoke about how many of Jarrett's pals it took to win the PPV match. Rhino told Jarrett and Team Canada they would be in his sights real soon.
(4) Team 3D (BRD & Devon) defeated Diamonds in the Rough members "Primetime" Elix Skipper & David Young (w/Simon Diamond). 3D hit the ring and jumped Skipper/Young. Skipper was hit with a double team legdrop/side slam. Skipper fought back but Ray hit him with a clothesline. When Young tried to aid his partner it backfired. Ray press slammed Skipper and tossed him over to the floor, where Skipper's face smacked on the apron. Young and Diamond motivated Skipper to continue. Ray suplexed Skipper back in the ring but he got too close to the Diamonds corner and it worked in their favor as Skipper hit an enzuigiri as Earl Hebner looked on from the rampway taking notes (I am not sure if I can get a merchandise discount.) The Diamonds made several tags working over Ray but couldn't get the pin. Skipper went to the ropes but Ray hit a sitout full nelson bomb and tagged out to Devon. Devon held his own against Skipper and Young until Ray got his second wind. Diamond grabbed Devon so Skipper could hit him but Devon moved. Skipper ended up being hit with the Road Warrior clothesline, while Young was pinned by the 3D.
Once again NWA World Heavyweight champion Jeff Jarrett came to the ring. This time he was joined by all of Team Canada, Abyss (w/James Mitchell) and NWA World Tag Team champions America's Most Wanted. Jarrett brought up the recent arrivals of Rhino, Team 3D and Christian Cage. Jarrett said TNA management wanted a war by bringing Sting they would get one. Scott D'Amore and AMW pledged allegiance to Jarrett. Next he spoke to Abyss and Mitchell who pledged their allegiance to Jarrett who next called out Monty Brown. Brown came out and told Jarrett that the Serengeti was not a wildlife preserve, it was meant for Brown to run wild not to be held back by TNA. Despite calling Jarrett a liar to his face he seemed to side with Jarrett. The lights went out as the Sting logo played on the screen. Rhino, Team 3D and Christian Cage came on the babyface rampway. D'Amore dared them to come to the ring to fight. When they came to the ring, everyone scattered for their lives. The fans chanted Sting's name. Ray took the mic and asked Storm how his neck was.
Matches for the Christmas Eve show:
Santa Claus Bentley and TNA's sexiest elf Traci Brooks came out to give away shirts but they were interrupted by "Captain Charisma" Christian Cage. Cage mentioned his upcoming match with Chris Harris and asked if Santa knew where he lived. Santa gave him a street sign for Slapnuts Blvd. Next Cage asked for aid in looking like the next world champion. So he received a pair of white jeans "just like Jeff Jarrett wears." Next he asked for a catchy slogan to connect with the fans. So Santa gave him a Jarrett T-shirt, a wig and yellow tinted sunglasses. Santa left another item, Instead of a Jarrett sized guitar he gave him a mini-sized guitar. Cage asked the fans if he looked like a compete jackass and what a world champion should look like. This brought out Jeff Jarrett and Monty Brown but Cage escaped a double clothesline and got out of the ring. Again the Sting logo appeared on the screens as Jarrett and Brown went back to the locker room.
(1) "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels defeated Team Canada's "Showtime" Eric Young (w/Scott D'Amore). I am not sure if it was done on purpose or by accident but they played Scott Hall's old TNA music. Before the match Alex Shelley came to ringside and Shannon Moore stood again on the top of the rampway. Daniels looked like he needed some time to loosen up so he slid to the floor for some exercises. Back in the ring Young introduced Daniels face to the top turnbuckles. Daniels recovered with forearms to the face of Young and an STO followed by the BME. D'Amore got on the apron to break up the count. Daniels confronted D'Amore but Young didn't follow through from behind with a forearm as Daniels avoided it. Young turned around and got hit with the Angels Wings.
(2) Abyss (w/Father James Mitchell) defeated "the Future" Chris Sabin. Sabin tried to get Abyss down on the mat but Abyss tossed him around the ring. Once again Earl Hebner came out to watch things. Sabin got in some kicks and Abyss bailed to the floor .Sabin followed but his huracanrana was blocked and Abyss drove Sabin's upper body into the ringsteps. Abyss brought Sabin back to the ring for more punishment. Abyss worked over Sabin's neck but couldn't get a submission. Abyss kicked Sabin in the gut but Sabin hit an enzuigiri, a slingshot dropkick and a multi spun DDT. Sabin went for the Cradle Shock but couldn't get Abyss up in the air. Abyss fell out of the hold and hit the Black Hole Slam to win.
(3) Ron "the Truth" Killings defeated Kenny King (who has a WWE tryout this Saturday in Daytona Beach). I am note sure if 4LK exists anymore so I won't bill Killings as being part of them. King jumped Killings at the bell and didn't let up until he got cocky and posed for the cameras. When he turned around he got hit with a missile dropkick and eventually fell to the hands of Killings. "Bullet" Bob Armstrong tried to talk to Killings but Killings refused to talk. I am guessing there will be an interview with Killings inserted with him talking to Armstrong.
(4) "Captain Charisma" Christian Cage defeated NWA World Tag Team champion "Wildcat" Chris Harris (w/"Tennessee Cowboy" James Storm and Gail Kim). While we waited for the TV to come back from commercial Storm and Harris stalled. At one point Rudy Charles tossed Storm from ringside. Back from the break the match began with Cage dominating Harris. Kim got Cage's attention and he followed around the ring, right into Harris who hit a clothesline. When the action returned to the ring Harris hit a top rope double sledgehammer, a standing suplex and several hundred boos from the fans. Harris took Cage to the mat with a chinlock. Cage fought to his feet but Harris hit a clothesline and Harris went back on the attack. Gail Kim got involved choking Cage as he lay on the second rope. Cage got a second wind and fought back, hitting Harris with several moves including a leg lariat that got two. Cage hit a second rope tornado DDT for two. Cage went up top but Kim stopped him. Harris tried for a superplex but Cage sent him back into the ring, only to miss his elbow drop, allowing Harris to get a two count. Harris hit a full nelson slam but got two. The AMW handcuffs got involved. As Kim and Charles argued over the pair of handcuffs Storm came out to hit Cage with a title belt shot. However Storm dropped his title belt and Rudy counted two on the pin. Cage went for the Unprettier but Storm distracted him and Harris shot Cage to the ropes. Cage avoided the contact from AMW and eventually hit Harris with the Unprettier. Jarrett hit the ring to try and beat down Cage, who escaped only to be hit from behind by Monty Brown. Brown, Jarrett and AMW beat down Cage as the fans booed. Brown hit the POUNCE while Jarrett hit the Stroke that sent Cage's face into one of the tag title belts. While we got ready for hour three several security members aided the referees in escorting Cage to the locker room.
Matches for the New Years Eve special:
(1) Rhino defeated Team Canada's A1 (w/Scott D'Amore). This was match number one in Rhino's "Get Revenge on Team Canada" tour. Rhino jumped A1 at the bell and didn't stop his attack, even as the fighting went to the floor. A1 recovered and got on the offensive, only to see Rhino get a second wind. Rhino hit the GORE to win the very short match. D'Amore got in the ring and hit Rhino with the hockey stick. While Rhino focused on D'Amore, Abyss led by James Mitchell came out and attacked Rhino. Abyss hit Rhino with the Black Hole Slam and the music came up to end the segment.
(2) NWA World Tag Team champion "Tennessee Cowboy" James Storm (w/"Wildcat" Chris Harris and Gail Kim) defeated "Phenomenal" A.J. Styles. Storm locked in a side headlock and refused to let go of Styles. When he did Styles got in a dropkick that sent Storm to the floor for a beer. Storm came back to try his luck a second time but after a flying head scissor, a bodyslam, a kneedrop and a clothesline to the corner, he wasn't feeling good. Storm got in a backdrop and taunted the fans. Storm followed it up with a clothesline but his German and back suplex were countered so he kicked Styles in the gut. Storm buried a knee in Styles' back as he locked in a chinlock. Storm's superkick was blocked and Styles hit the Pele' kick. Styles hit a clothesline and the springboard inverted DDT for two. Storm got Styles on the top and went for a superplex but Styles but blocked it. Styles sent Storm to the ring but Harris climbed up and stopped an attempted Spiral Tap. While the referee argued with Harris, Kim went for a top rope huracanrana. Kim was caught by Styles who went to hit her with the Styles Clash. Storm got his trusty beer bottle and smashed it on the back of Styles head. Storm pinned Styles. Larry Zybzsko hit the ring with Christopher Daniels. Larry told AMW to rest up because they would be defending the belts at midnight against Styles and Daniels. AMW and Kim hit the ring, attacking Daniels and Styles. All this was ended by Christian Cage who ran down with a chair in hand. Cage took the mic and told the fans the titles were going to change hands tonight.
(3) Monty Brown & NWA World Heavyweight champion Jeff Jarrett (w/Gail Kim) defeated Shark Boy & Kenny King. Before the match began Jackie Gayda once again came out to confront Jarrett and Kim. Once the match began it was a brawl on the floor. King and Brown fought on the floor as Shark Boy brought Jarrett to the ring. King hit two missile dropkicks but his third one was stopped by Brown. Brown brought King back in the ring and hit the POUNCE while Jarrett finished off Shark Boy with the Stroke. The Sting logo showed on the screens once more.
(4) NWA World X Division champion Samoa Joe defeated Roderick Strong. As Joe beat down Strong, Shannon Moore and Earl Hebner reappeared on the rampway. Moore left but Hebner stayed to watch Strong take one hell of a beating. Strong hit two clotheslines, a running kick to the face and a backbreaker that looked like it injured Strong's knee. Joe locked in a sleeper but Strong back him into the corner. Strong went to the far corner and went for a move but Joe caught him and delivered the STO. Joe followed with the Musclebuster and Kokina Clutch to make Strong submit.
Before the TNA match to air after midnight, we did a countdown to celebrate the New Year with help from Christian Cage and Mike Tenay. Tenay and Cage stayed in the ring to tell everyone the worst kept secret in wrestling, Sting is coming to TNA Wrestling. Cage announced that at Final Resolution, Jeff Jarrett and Monty Brown would face Cage and Sting. This brought out Jeff Jarrett who exchanged rather unpleasant words with Cage. Cage ended the words by saying his new year's resolution was to beat Jarrett to oblivion. At one point Cage, Jarrett, Monty Brown, Rhino, AMW and Team 3D fought in the ring.
(1) NWA World Tag Team champions America's Most Wanted ("Tennessee Cowboy" James Storm and "Wildcat" Chris Harris w/Gail Kim) defeated "Phenomenal" A.J. Styles and "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels. Storm and Daniels started the match by trading moves but Daniels and Styles got AMW off their game and briefly dominated the ring. AMW took a "time out" to confer with Kim on the floor. Harris re-entered the ring and Styles kicked him in the hamstring. Daniels and Styles tagged several times continuing the attack on the isolated Storm. Daniels reversed a corner whip but didn't avoid a Harris clothesline from the ring apron. This allowed AMW to take turns attacking Daniels for several minutes. Despite the beating, Daniels kicked out of every pin attempt AMW went for. Storm made a tactical error and Daniels hit him with a DVD. Daniels tagged out to Styles who was well rested and showed it hitting AMW with a suicide tope to the floor. Many near falls occurred over the next few moments including one that sent Rudy Charles to the mat. While Rudy was down Styles hit Storm with the Styles Clash. Shannon Moore ran out and jumped Styles. This led to AMW retaining the titles via pinfall. After the taping ended, Daniels asked the fans if they wanted more action. Harris was hit by the Angels Wings and Rudy counted the pinfall.
The fans got an early Christmas present as the TNA locker room came out to sign autographs and pose for photos.
Announced matches for Final Resolution January 15, 2006:
**NWA World Heavyweight champion Jeff Jarrett & "Alpha Male" Monty Brown vs. Christian Cage & Sting.
**NWA World X Division champion Samoa Joe vs. "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels
**The way things went down at the PPV it looks like AMW will defend the belts against Team 3D.
QUICK TIPS FOR SENDING RESULTS
If you attend an arena event in future, either house shows or TV tapings, we encourage you to send us a report for publication. You can direct your reports to "matchresults" (@pwtorch. com) .
We accept reports in any format, but if it's not much trouble, please format your report like you see above, with the matches numbered like this (1) , (2) , (3) , with the opening line of each match paragraph stating who beat whom (don't just say Wrestler A vs. Wrestler beat with the result listed later; instead, state up front who won so those readers who don't have time to read the entire report (i. e. their boss walks past their cubicle all the time looking beat their shoulder) can at least quickly assess the results.
Also, please list tag teams using the "&" symbol as opposed to stating "and. " Reserve use of "and" when listing results in a threevway or fourvway match where there are no teams (i. e. "Wrestler A beat Wrestler B and Wrestler C in a threevway match") so it is easy to differentiate a handicap match from a threevway match.
If you know HTML coding for bolding, you can also bold out the first line of each match description. If you don't know HTML symbols, then we can add those ourselves.
Special thanks to everyone who helps us with reports on live events!
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**