Other News IRON WEEK: Final Results for Brutal Bob's seven-day marathon of Iron Man Matches
Dec 1, 2012 - 6:49:01 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
"Brutal" Bob Evans's Iron Man Week Schedule/Results
- Day 1: Sunday, Nov. 25 - Ring of Honor Wrestling School - Bristol, Pa.
RESULT: Grizzly Redwood subbed for Steve Corino, who couldn't make the show in time due to travel issues. Redwood beat Bob 12-11 in their Iron Man match. Due to a timekeeper error, the match went 70 minutes instead of 60.
- Day 2: Monday, Nov. 26 vs. Todd Sople - New England Pro Wrestling Academy
RESULT: Tie 13-13.
- Day 3: Tuesday, Nov. 27 vs. Julian Starr - New England Pro Wrestling Academy
RESULT: Tie 11-11.
- Day 4: Wednesday, Nov. 28 vs. Adam Cole - Ring of Honor Wrestling School - Bristol, Pa.
RESULT: Cole won 12-11.
- Day 5: Thursday, Nov. 29 vs. Biff Busick - Ring of Honor Wrestling School - Bristol, Pa.
RESULT: Brutal Bob won 14-13.
- Day 6: Friday, Nov. 30 vs. Antonio Thomas - Antonio Thomas Wrestling School - Chicopee, Mass.
RESULT: Tie 8-8.
- Day 7: Saturday, Dec. 1 vs. Vinny Marseglia - Davey Lopes Recreation Center - Providence, R.I.
RESULT: Brutal Bob won 14-13.
Referees: Dan Tanaka, Tony Stevens, Will Dojan, and Gino Colluci
Announcer/Producer: Caleb Seltzer
RULES OF IRON WEEK
(1) Most falls in 60 minutes wins. NO OVERTIME PERIOD. If the falls are even, the match is declared a draw.
(2) If you are disqualfied, your opponent is awarded one fall. If you are disqualified again, your opponent is awarded one fall AND one fall is deducted from your total.
(3) One corner man (or woman) is allowed each night for each contestant. Interference by cornermen will result in a disqualification and immediate ejection.
(4) Water and sports drinks (ex. Gatorade, Powerade, etc) are allowed. No caffienated energy drinks of any kind are allowed at ringside.
(5) 30-second rest period between falls, continuous 60-minute clock.
(6) No foreign objects.
(7) One referee in the ring, one referee on standby. If a referee is knocked down and can't continue, the clock will stop until a replacement referee is positioned.
(8) All referee's decisions are final.
(9) Similar to Mixed Martial Arts, a referee can decide if a competitor cannot continue in a hold or cannot break a hold and award his opponent a fall. The same applies to elbows and knees if an opponent is trapped and being attacked with knee or elbow strikes, the referee can stop the action and award a fall at his/her discretion.
(10) Probably the most important rule of Iron Week as it factored heavily into 2009's action: THE SPRINT.
At the 50-minute mark, there is a 10-minute "sprint." 30-second rest periods are no longer needed after gaining a fall. This is a way for a competitor to catch up on falls if way behind. A submission hold need only to be broken for one second until being applied again. You may immediately attempt to pin your opponent again after getting a 3-count.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**