Arena Reports SHOW RESULTS - 7/6 WWE in Toronto, Canada: Santino announces the end of his career, Cena defends WWE Title, more
Jul 7, 2014 - 12:23:31 AM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
WWE Live show results
July 6, 2014
Report by Ahmed Khokhar, PWTorch reader
The arena was about half-full. Brandi Rhodes was the announcer.
(1) WWE tag champions The Usos beat Erick Rowan & Luke Harper in 10:00 to retain the WWE Tag Titles. Usos won with Jimmy pinned Rowan after a top-rope splash.
(2) R-Truth beat Fandango (w/Layla) in 5:00 with a scissors kick.
After the match, Fandango demanded another opponent because he wasn't ready. Cue Great Khali.
(3) Great Khali beat Fandango in 0:05 with a chop.
Lana and Rusev came out next and insulted Canada.
(4) Rusev (w/Lana) beat Dolph Ziggler in a 3:00 squash. Dolph got a standing ovation after the match.
(5) Natalya beat Paige via submission in 10:00 to the Sharpshooter. The first match of the night to get a "This is awesome" chant.
(6) Goldust & Stardust beat Rybaxel after Stardust pinned Axel.
(7) Roman Reigns beat Randy Orton in 15:00. This match also received an "awesome" chant after Orton kicked out of the Superman Punch. Reigns then won with a spear.
Santino came out to a few boos. He mentioned that it might be his last chance to come out and address that he's actually from Toronto, which got a good pop. He also said that he suffered a neck injury three weeks ago and that he doesn't have a lot of time left in his career and he just wanted us to know that he is one of "us" (referring to Toronto.)
(8) Cesaro beat Kofi Kingston in 10:00. Cesaro won the back-and-forth match with the Neutralizer after he teased the crowd with the Swing, but did not do it.
The Miz came out and said that we are privileged to witness him because he's a big Hollywood star now and that he won't wrestle because he didn't want to mess up his face. This brought out Chris Jericho. Jericho got in Miz's face until Miz agreed to a match.
(9) Chris Jericho beat The Miz in 10:00. Another "awesome" chant from the crowd. Jericho won with the Codebreaker. After the match, Jericho took the mic and said that this was his first match back after a year.
(10) WWE champion John Cena beat Bray Wyatt (w/the Wyatts) in a Street Fight to retain the WWE Title. Before the match started, Cena made the match a title match. During the match, after Rowan and Harper attacked Cena, the Usos made the save and ran off Harper and Rowan. Both Cena and Bray went through a table. Cena putting Bray through a table ended the match to send the kids home happy.
(5) Lana (after she referred to the crowd as Americans)
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**