Arena Reports ROH SPOILERS - 9/21 ROH in Philadelphia, Pa.: Results for TV episodes following Death Before Dishonor
Sep 22, 2013 - 12:24:14 AM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
Ring of Honor TV taping report
September 21, 2013
Report submitted by Chris of PWPonderings.com
ROH taped three episodes of TV (as opposed to four) since they are still going through the ROH Title tournament on the weekend syndicated show. The following is for the post-Death Before Dishonor episodes.
Episode 1 SPOILERS
(1) Adam Page beat A.C.H.
Nigel McGuinness announced an eight-man tag match for Glory By Honor on October 26 in Chicago. It will be four ROH champions versus four top contenders. If a champion gets pinned, the winner gets a future title shot. Announced for the match are Jay Briscoe and Michael Elgin, who got into it.
(2) Roderick Strong beat Mike Mondo with a powerbomb.
(3) Outlaw, Inc. (Homicide & Eddie Kingston) beat Marshall Law (Q.T. Marshall & R.D. Evans) when Homicide pinned Marshall.
(4) ROH TV champion Matt Taven beat Jay Lethal to retain the TV Title.
Episode 2 SPOILERS
(1) Mark Briscoe beat T.D. Thomas.
- New ROH champion Adam Cole came out for a promo. Jay Briscoe and Michael Elgin interrupted, causing Cole to run off. Briscoe and Elgin then fought over the title belt, refs broke them up, and Cole ran off with the belt.
(2) Mike Bennett & Maria Kanellis beat Brutal Burgers (Bob Evans & Cheeseburger) after Bennett hit an Ace Crusher on Cheeseburger. ROH also started a feud between Bennett and Kevin Steen.
Steve Corino made a run-in and stated he has a legit contract for color commentary on ROH TV.
(3) ROH tag champions ReDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish) beat Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) and C & C Wrestle Factory (Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander) when O'Reilly pinned Kozlov with the brainbuster/kick to the head combo to retain the ROH Tag Titles.
Episode 3 SPOILERS
(1) Jimmy Jacobs beat Silas Young.
(2) Davey Richards beat Ricky Marvin with a brainbuster.
Veda Scott served papers to Nigel McGuinness ringside.
Kevin Steen came to the ring for the main event against Eddie Edwards, but Mike Bennett attacked him and took him out with a piledriver. Steen sold an injury, but demanded the match happen.
(3) Eddie Edwards beat Kevin Steen when he reversed a package piledriver into a small package.
Post-match, Bennett came back to attack Kevin, but Steen hit a piledriver on Bennett. Then, Steen helped Eddie Edwards hit a piledriver on Bennett.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**