Arena Reports SHOW RESULTS - 8/11 WWE in Oakland, Calif.: No Cena, Big Show returns, Battle Royal, Bryan-Orton main event, new matches
Aug 12, 2013 - 1:44:34 AM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
WWE Supershow results
August 11, 2013
Report by Amir Khostavan, PWTorch correspondent
At the start of the show, Justin Roberts announced that the scheduled Champion vs. Champion match would not take place since John Cena could not make it to the event. Instead, Brad Maddox made an appearance and booked a battle royal with the winner being the #1 contender to the World Heavyweight Championship later that evening in a match versus Alberto Del Rio/
(1) Big Show won a #1 contender battle royal in his in-ring return. To start the match, Rob Van Dam, Christian, R-Truth, Justin Gabriel, Wade Barrett, The Usos, The Shield, The Miz, Mark Henry, and Ryback made their way to the ring. However, before things got under way, Big Show's music played to a huge pop and The Giant was the last entrant. The final four players were Show, Henry, Barrett, and Ryback. Show eventually won by eliminating Ryback.
(2) Kane beat Luke Harper via DQ when the other members of the Wyatt Family interfered to cause the DQ finish. Kane made quick work of the Family to send them out of the ring as Bray Wyatt let the entire arena know through his mannerisms that he enjoyed every second of it.
(3) Kaitlyn beat Alicia Fox with the spear.
(4) Rob Van Dam pinned Ryback with the Five Star Frogsplash. Great physical match with Ryback playing the perfect heel and grounding RVD throughout the match.
(5) Mark Henry & The Usos beat The Shield when Henry delivered the World's Strongest Slam to Rollins for the pin. On a side note, the crowd was really into the Usos and were heavily involved throughout the match.
(6) IC champion Curtis Axel (w/Paul Heyman) beat The Miz to retain the Intercontinental Title. Heyman interfered towards the end as Miz had the figure-four locked on Axel. As the referee was checking on Miz, Heyman scraped Miz's eyes. This gave Axel the opening to hit his finisher for the win.
(7) Big Show beat World Hvt. champion Alberto Del Rio via DQ; Del Rio retained the World Title. Del Rio was DQ'ed when he brought a chair into the ring.
(8) Daniel Bryan beat Randy Orton in a No DQ match after he powerslammed Orton through a table. Match of the Night by far as it went almost 25 minutes. The crowd ate it up.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**