Arena Reports SHOW RESULTS - 7/18 NXT in Tampa, Fla.: PARKS'S in-person report on Wyatt Family run-in, NXT tag champs in main event, more WWE Developmental stars in action
Jul 19, 2013 - 2:40:42 AM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
WWE NXT Live Results
July 18, 2013
Report by Greg Parks, PWTorch columnist
Overall, this was a cool event with good in-ring work and a satisfying surprise conclusion. Look for a more detailed report in my column in next week's PWTorch Newsletter.
The event was "sold out" in as much as a 150-seat arena or whatever can be sold out. But, they were turning people away at the door. Norman Smiley and Steve Keirn were in charge for the event.
(1) Alexander Rusev beat Knuckles Madsen. Very basic opener in which Rusev won with a spinning heel kick.
(2) Jake Carter & Danny Burch & Aiden English beat C.J. Parker & Kassius Ohno & Jason Jordan in a six-man tag match. Entertaining six-man match. English trash-talked the entire match. Jordan was rolled up and pinned in a win for the heels.
(3) Mojo Rawley beat Mike Dalton. Rawley appears raw, and has been on TV less than two months. Dalton did a lot of stalling and was enamored with his cell phone before the match. Dalton teased doing mic work (for a LONG time), and just as he was about to speak, Rawley came out. Rawley won in only a few minutes, via count-out.
[ 15-minute intermission, before which t-shirts were thrown to the crowd. ]
(4) Kendall Skye & Paige & Sasha Banks beat Emma & Charlotte & Bayley in a six-Divas tag match. This was a decent enough match, considering the varied stages these women are in their wrestling development. Paige pinned Charlotte with her finisher. Former TNA ref Rudy Charles was the official for this one.
(5) Xavier Woods beat Scott Dawson. This was the first real long-form match of the night and it was a tight affair. Woods won despite a slight botch of the finish. The "fans trying to be cool with their chants" epidemic has taken over NXT as well, heard here and in the next match.
(6) NXT tag champions Corey Graves & Adrian Neville beat Leo Kruger & Sami Zayn in the main event. This was a solid main event, won when Neville pinned Zayn after his finisher off the top-rope (the only match to have any top-rope moves).
After the match, we got a surprise when the Wyatt Family came out and attacked Graves and Neville, who beat them recently for the Tag Titles. Bray Wyatt cut a promo and mentioned WWE Superstars such as Kane, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, and John Cena in his promo.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**