Arena Reports SHOW RESULTS - 4/13 TCW in Ft. Smith, Ark.: Hoyt vs. Masters main event, "Cowboy" Bob Orton wrestles, more
Apr 14, 2013 - 12:17:58 AM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
TCW wrestling results
April 13, 2013
Ft. Smith, Ark.
Report by Sam Henderson, PWTorch reader
I attended a TCW show in Ft. Smith featuring Chris Adonis (Masters), Lance Hoyt, and "Cowboy" Bob Orton. There was a meet and greet beforehand for the first and second row ticket holders, which included all the main draws - Hoyt, Masters, and Orton. Otherwise, there were a bunch of unknown stars not getting any attention due to lack of recognition.
We reached our seats after meeting and greeting, but after five minutes learned that the seats we were in were actually reserved. After some time and convincing, we got our seats back, but it showed some bad organization on part of the promotion. We were seated in a section of fans trying to recreate the crowd from Raw the past week by chanting random things, humming to Fandango's theme music, etc.
The show started at 6:26 p.m., which was a little behind the scheduled 6:15 p.m. start time.
(1) Johnny Morton & Prince Al Farat beat Purple Haze & Blake Wilder when Morton pinned Wilder after a superkick to the head. The match was so bad with many botches, and the crowd was the only thing keeping it alive.
(2) Alan Steele (w/Rich Rude and Brett Barnes) beat Bu Ku Dou via submission with an inverted leg submission. Steele and company attacked after the match, then Michael Barry came in with the save. Above Average match.
(3) Matt Riviera (w/Dr. James Hobb) beat Angel by submission with an inverted armbar. Okay match, with Angel appearing to have a legitimate leg injury afterwards.
(4) Barrett Brown beat "Cowboy" Bob Orton by pinfall with a roll-up. Yes, Bob Orton wrestled and held his own.
- "The Empire" (Matt Riviera, Greg Anthony, and Dr. Hobb) had an in-ring segment. Dr. Hobb talked about changing the crowd until Tim Storm interrupted setting up a match between him and Anthony.
(5) Tim Storm beat Greg Anthony (w/Riviera and Dr.Hobb) via pinfall after botched interference from Riviera leading to Storm landing his finisher on Anthony. Riviera and Anthony showed tension after the match. Okay match, but never got to the next level.
(6) Sigmon beat Brandon Collins via pinfall after a diving headbutt. Pretty good match, but the crowd went dead towards the middle.
(7) Michael Barry beat Cerebus a/k/a Wolfie D. (w/Boyd Bradford and Roosevelt the Dog) via pinfall with a roll-up to retain the TCW International Title. Cerebus and Kincaid attacked Barry after the match with a failed save attempt by Bu Ku Dou. Average match.
- Boyd Bradford had an in-ring promo hyping Kincaid and his upcoming best-of-seven series with John Saxon for the TCW Jr. Heavyweight Championship.
(8) Kincaid beat John Saxon via pinfall with a flying double foot stop to win the TCW Jr. Heavyweight Championship and the first match in the series. Great technical wrestling from both wrestlers.
(9) Alan Steele (w/Rich Rude and Breet Barnes) beat Scott Phoenix via pinfall with a spinning backbreaker. Average match to put Steele over.
(10) Greg Anthony drew Chris Masters in a Masterlock Challenge when Lance Hoyt attacked Masters, bringing out the roster to seperate them up. Hoyt then trash-talked Masters, leading to more brawling.
(11) Lance Hoyt beat Barrett Brown via pinfall with sit-out powerbomb in a loser leaves TCW match. Hoyt then chokeslammed Brown afterward. Above average match.
(12) Cerebus & Roosevelt the Dog (w/Boyd Bradford) defeat Blake Wilder & Purple Haze via pinfall to retain the TCW Tag Team Championships after Cerebus hit a burning hammer on Purple Haze. Pretty good match with some high spots.
(13) Steve Anthony beat Brett Barnes (w/Rich Rude and Alan Steele) via pinfall after a cobra clutch fireman's carry slam. Steele then jumped Anthony after the match until John Saxon came in for the save. Above average match despite a few botches here and there.
(14) Lance Hoyt beat Chris Adonis (Masters) via pinfall after a sit-out powerbomb. Match of the night by far with many nearfalls.
The ring announcer then thanked us for coming out to end the show. Overall, great show showcasing indepent talent. Check out the promotion's one-hour TV show and their website at TCWWrestling.com .
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**