Arena Reports SHOW RESULTS - 1/12 PWG DDT4 tournament in Reseda, Calif.: Complete coverage of new PWG tag champs, Generico's farewell
Jan 13, 2013 - 2:35:59 AM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla DDT4 show results
January 12, 2013
Report by Matt Massingham, PWTorch correspondent
Doors opened at 7:50 p.m. for the 8:00 p.m. start time. The show started 55 minutes late, which is basically right on-time.
El Generico was rocking Zubaz pants at the merchandise table.
(1) Young Bucks beat Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann) in a First Round DDT4 tag tournament match. Bucks won with a roll-up on Swann.
(2) Unbreakable F'n Machines (Brian Cage & Michael Elgin) beat PWG tag champions Super Smash Bros. in a First Round DDT4 tag tournament match to capture the PWG Tag Titles. Mid-match, Elgin hit the Alabama Slam on both Super Smash Bros. Incredible. Machines eventually won with a series of moves finishing with Elgin hitting the spinning powerbomb on Stupified. Player Uno appeared to get hurt on a dive; it looked like a broken forearm or dislocation.
(3) Future Shock (PWG champion Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly) beat Dojo Bros. (Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong) in a First Round DDT4 tag tournament match. Cole hit Strong with the PWG Title belt to get the pin.
(4) Steenerico (Kevin Steen & El Generico) beat The Briscoes in a First Round DDT4 tag tournament match. Generico ducked the Doomsday Device and rolled up Jay for the win.
Afterward, Steen spit on Generico and walked out on Generico.
(5) Young Bucks beat new PWG tag champions Brian Cage & Michael Elgin in a Semi-Final DDT4 tag tournament match to capture the PWG Tag Titles. Bucks won with another roll-up. Elgin hit a fall-away slam/Samoan Drop combo during the match.
(6) Kevin Steen & El Generico beat Future Shock (PWG champion Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly) in a Semi-Final DDT4 tag tournament match. Steenerico won with a Package Piledriver/Brainbuster combination.
(7) Willie Mack beat B-Boy with the Chocolate Thunder Bomb.
(8) Drake Younger beat Sami Callihan via KO in Match #2 of their Best-of-Three series. The series is now 1-1. Younger took a number of unprotected chair shots to the head, unfortunately.
(9) New PWG tag champions Young Bucks beat Kevin Steen & El Generico in the DDT4 Finals to win the tournament and retain the PWG Tag Titles. Bucks won with another roll-up.
The show ended around 12:35 a.m. with Steen and Generico hugging in the ring to send off Generico to WWE.
In summary, Steen told Generico he would be nothing without him for all the years they knew each other. All the guys came out and Generico joked that he was going to Mexico to take care of the orphans. But, if the currency crashed, then he would come back to PWG.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**