Arena Reports SHOW RESULTS - 12/28 WWE in Long Island, N.Y.: Second report on Ryder's short night at home, Outlaws vs. Scholars, Ryback nearly hugs it out
Dec 29, 2012 - 12:52:44 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
WWE Raw house show results
December 28, 2012
Long Island, N.Y.
Report by Jonny Crowe, PWTorch correspondent
The show started five minutes late and got a big pop when it started!
Justin Roberts announced the matches until Vickie Guerrero interrupted and demanded respect. When the whole arena booed, she left and Roberts announced the main event of Cena vs. Ziggler in a Steel Cage to a huge reaction.
(1) Brodus Clay & Usos beat Prime Time Players & Jack Swagger in a six-man tag match. The crowd was behind The Usos and Brodus. Good match.
(2) Divas champion Eve beat Kaitlyn to retain the Divas Title. The match went about 10 minutes and I thought it was actually a really good match. The crowd was behind Kaitlyn, but I wanted Eve to win. She got a huge reaction surprisingly.
Dolph came on the screen and talked about his match against John Cena.
(3) Santino beat David Otunga. Usual comedy match. The crowd was behind Santino, who won with the Cobra, but no reaction for David Otunga.
(4) Ryback & WWE tag champions Team Hell No beat The Shield via DQ in a six-man tag match when Roman Reigns hit Ryback with a chair. Daniel Bryan came out first and was attacked by The Shield until eventually Kane came out, followed by Ryback. Great match. The Shield took all finishers. Team Hell No hugged it out after the match.
(5) Zack Ryder beat Tensai in 10 seconds. Kind of disappointing to Long Island. Nothing special.
To our surprise, Mick Foley came out after the match to announce whether Tensai would sing Jingle Bells or Rudolph. It was Rudolph. Tensai said he is Jewish and Mick Foley told him the majority of the crowd is, too. Foley told Tensai that when Long Islanders are promised something, they get it. Funny "What?" chants while he sang. He told us to shut up, but we never did.
(6) U.S. champion Antonio Cesaro beat The Miz to retain the U.S. Championship. Pretty good match. Cesaro cut a promo telling Long Island that we are trash and should all move. Miz changed his "Awesome!" catchphrase to "You're in New York and it's Awesome!!!"
(7) New Age Outlaws beat Rhodes Scholars. Great match and the crowd popped big for New Age Outlaws. Billy Gunn pinned Cody after the Fameasser.
(8) John Cena beat Dolph Ziggler in a Steel Cage match. Match of the Night. So many nearfalls and near-escapes. There was a funny moment where Big E. and Cena both pulled Ziggler, then Cena and Ziggler knocked out the ref. Big E. attacked Cena and Cena kicked out of a pin at two-and-a-half. A.J. came in and threw the briefcase, but it hit an already knocked out Charles Robinson in the head. A.J. slapped Cena, then Cena kissed her. Cena followed up with the AA on Ziggler for the win in about 25 minutes.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**