Arena Reports SHOW RESULTS - 11/7 WWE in Brussels, Belgium: Sheamus vs. Show & new Smackdown undercard with DiBiase, Swagger, more
Nov 7, 2012 - 5:18:14 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
WWE Smackdown house show results
November 7, 2012
Report by Niels de Ruijter, PWTorch correspondent
The Vorst Nationaal wasn't sold out for the first time in years. I was seated front row and had some good contact with the stars and as always Charles Robinson.
Fifteen minutes before the show started, a promo with the Prime Time Players about Rey and Cara aired.
(1) Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara defeated the Prime Time Players by pinfall. Rey and Sin Cara did the signature pose of the Prime Time Players. The match was a basic tag match where Sin Cara was targeted. Rey won the match with the 619 and a splash from the top rope.
(2) R-Truth defeated El Local by pinfall. Truth played with the crowd and lost a piercing during the match. El Local did some nice moves, but Truth won with his finisher.
El Local left quickly and Truth was halfway up the ramp when The Miz attacked Truth and then cut a promo on how he will regain the Intercontinental Title later tonight. He also did his signature "Awesome!" line.
Then, Tony Chimel asked us to tweet if Ricardo Rodriguez should be allowed at ringside.
(3) Jack Swagger defeated Ted DiBiase by submission. DiBiase came out first to a small reaction. The crowd popped for his Gangnam Style dance in the ring, though. Jack Swagger came out to some loud boos. The match was quite long and went back and forth with both wrestlers putting a lot of effort into the match. The end came with DiBiase jumping from top rope and sold landing badly on his ankle. Jack Swagger applied his Anklelock and DiBiase tapped out.
(4) Kaitlyn defeated Natalya by pinfall. This was quite a good Divas match with both Divas doing some nice moves. I can't remember the end of the match, though.
(5) Randy Orton defeated Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez) by pinfall. First out was Ricardo to announce Alberto, who came out to some boos mixed with some cheers. Then, the music of Orton hit and the roof blew of the building. Orton came out with a cocky attitude and mocked the signs made for him. The match was really good and Ricardo was allowed at ringside, which made for some good interferences from him. Alberto tried to do the RKO, but Orton got in the zone and started his chain of moves. Then, Ricardo tried to interfere, but Orton countered and then went for the RKO. Orton walked away after winning, then returned and went around the ring for some hands and he signed some programs.
(6) Wade Barrett defeated Justin Gabriel by pinfall. Justin Gabriel came out to a small pop, but Barrett came out to some boos and cut a promo in English and French. The match was not super and the crowd was not into the match. Barrett won with his elbow finisher, which looks less impressive live.
(7) IC champion Kofi Kingston defeated The Miz by pinfall to retain the IC Title. The Miz came out to a lot of boos, but there were enough cheers for him. Kofi came out to a massive pop. The Miz played a lovely heel with a lot of posing and mocking the audience. Kofi won with his Trouble in Paradise.
(8) Sheamus defeated World Hvt. champion Big Show by DQ; Show retained the World Title. Show came out first and looking really cranky, but it was cool to see Show as the World Heavyweight Champion. Sheamus came out to a big pop and ran to the ring to get the match started. Both men hit their signature moves, which looked and sounded really good. The finish came when Sheamus tried to hit Show with the Brouge Kick, but Show pulled Charles in front of him, so he called for the bell.
After the match Show, tried to hit Sheamus with the W.M.D., but Sheamus countered with his Brogue Kick. Sheamus went around the ring to sign some signs and went to the back. Show was still in the ring and when Sheamus his music stopped he got up rather quickly and looked where Sheamus was. He then picked up his WHC and got out of the ring. Then, the really funny part came. Show walked away with his head held high and chest forward. This looked really funny on him. This concluded the show.
The sound in the arena was bad and for the promos, you really had to focus hard to hear the audio. The crowd was okay, but I think Smackdown missed some star power in Ziggler and Bryan. Overall, the show wasn't bad and the wrestlers looked to enjoy themself.
- Randy Orton
- Rey Mysterio
- Kofi Kingston
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**