Arena Reports 9/2 PWG results Reseda, Calif.: Complete results from BOLA Night 2 with finals of tourney
Sep 2, 2012 - 11:35:19 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla "Battle of Los Angeles" Night 2 results
September 2, 2012
Report by Matt Massingham, PWTorch correspondent
(1) Sami Callihan beat T.J. Perkins with the Stretch Muffler in a quarterfinal BOLA match.
(2) Adam Cole beat Eddie Edwards in a quarterfinal BOLA match. Cole won with a pair of superkicks and a straight-jacket German suplex. Cole came out to "What A Man" by Salt N Pepa, of note.
(3) Michael Elgin beat Brian Cage in a quarterfinal BOLA match. Elgin won with a corner Bucklebomb/spinning powerbomb combo. Prior to the finish, PWG champion Kevin Steen ran in after a ref bump and hit the F-5 on Cage, but Cage kicked out.
After the match, Steen attacked Cage again, but the Young Bucks ran in and helped Cage. Referee Knox then ran in, but Cage hit Knox from behind, allowing the Bucks to set up Knox for More Bang For Your Buck. El Generico then ran out and chased them off. Knox then challenged them to a six-man tag of Bucks & Cage vs. Knox & Generico & Steen. Before the heels answered, Steen flipped off Generico and left.
(4) Ricochet beat Roderick Strong in a quarterfinal BOLA match. Ricochet won with a Shooting Star Press.
(5) Drake Younger & B-Boy & Willie Mack beat Davey Richards & Joey Ryan & Kyle O'Reilly in a six-man tag match. Davey, Joey, and O'Reilly all came out dressed like Joey in a weird situation. Willie won the match with a Chocolate Thunder Driver on Richards.
(6) Adam Cole beat Sami Callihan via submission in a semi-final BOLA match. Cole won with the figure-four after working over Sami's knee for the majority of the match, forcing Sami to tap.
(7) Michael Elgin beat Ricochet in a semi-final BOLA match. Elgin won after countering a top-rope huracanrana into a sit-out powerbomb, then finished him off with a spinning powerbomb.
It's Cole vs. Elgin in the finals.
(8) PWG champion Kevin Steen & El Generico & Rick Knox beat Young Bucks & Brian Cage in a six-man tag match. This started off as a handicap match sans Steen, who eventually came out and helped Generico and Knox win. Knox hit a Tornado DDT, then Steen and Generico hit the Package Piledriver into the Brainbuster.
(9) Adam Cole beat Michael Elgin in the BOLA finals to win the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles tournament. Cole won after a pair of superkicks into a straight-jacket suplex for the win.
After the match, Cole cut a promo saying he isn't the future, but he's arrived and is coming for Steen. PWG champ Steen then came out to cut a promo, but Cole hit him low. Cole then hit him with the title and left with it.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**