Arena Reports 8/30 WWE results Brisbane, Australia: Punk vs. Cena vs. Show main event, Bryan vs. Ryder, Miz vs. A-Ry
Aug 30, 2012 - 5:06:42 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
WWE Raw house show results
August 30, 2012
Report by Dan Konstantinos, PWTorch correspondent
The arena was about three-fourths-full, mostly families with kids. Surprisingly big pop for Justin Roberts to introduce the show.
(1) Brodus Clay beat Jack Swagger via pinfall. Decent opener and good heat for Swagger. Brodus got the win with his splash. Afterwards some kids were brought in to dance with Brodus and the Funkettes. (Editor's Note: Cameron is confirmed to be on the tour with Clay and Naomi following her DUI arrest last weekend.)
A video aired of Daniel Bryan cutting a promo on the Yes!/No! chants. He says the only thing he hates more then the crowd chanting "Yes!" is the crowd chanting "Woo woo woo." He said he'll destroy Zack Ryder. Nice crowd interactive video.
(2) Zack Ryder beat Daniel Bryan via pinfall. Good match; the story was the crowd constantly causing Bryan to get angry and lose focus via "Yes!/No!" and "Woo woo woo" chants. At one point, there was a loud "goatface" chant. A great touch was Justin Roberts telling the crowd "Daniel Bryan had asked me to tell you that he does NOT have a goatface." Zack Ryder hit the Rough Ryder for the pin and the win.
(3) IC champion The Miz beat Alex Riley to retain the Intercontinental Title. Nice promo from Miz to begin things. He said he came to Australia last tour as champion and left as champion despite what we said. He said he'll do it again. The crowd was pretty into him throughout, and there were consistent "Miz is Awesome" chants, which he played into, while remaining the heel. Skullcrushing Finale got him the win.
Afteward, Tensai came out and hit his finisher on A-Ry. Tensai said he loves to fight, and needs to fight. He issued an open challenge, and said he wants an answer before the end of the night.
(4) WWE tag champions Kofi Kingston & R-Truth defeated Primo & Epico to retain the Tag Team Titles. Really fun match, as all the guys can work. There was a fun bit in the beginning where Primo pretended to be hanging out with Little Jimmy while R-Truth watched on. Primo kicked little Jimmy, which led to a spear and beat down by Truth. The story of the match was Primo and Epico isolating Truth before a hot tag to Kofi to clean house. Primo & Epico then got a pin to win the titles, but A.J. came down to re-start the match, as Rosa knocked Kofi's foot off the rope. Right after the re-start both Kofi and Truth hit their finishers for the win.
(5) Divas champion Layla defeated Rosa Mendes via pinfall to retain the Divas Title. Forgettable match that started with some back and forth dance-off action. I don't remember the finish, but Layla got the win.
Raw Rebound. Justin Roberts told the crowd to tout and tweet what they thought of C.M. Punk's actions on Lawler Monday on Raw.
(6) Santino Marella defeated David Otunga via pinfall. Posing routine by Otuna before Santino made his entrance. Santino did some comedy, mocking Otunga's posing. He eventually hit the Cobra for the win.
Tensai then came out and hit his finisher on Santino. A.J. came back, and said if Tensai wants a fight, these guys can help him out. Brodus, Ryder, Kofi, and Truth all came out. They all hit their finishers on Tensai.
(7) WWE champion C.M. Punk beat John Cena and Big Show in a triple threat match to retain the WWE Title. Good match. Cena and Punk went straight for Show to begin, but he took then both out with ease. Typical one-man-out, two-men-in action until John Cena hit big spots on Show. After he hit the Attitude Adjustment on Show, Punk blindsided him with the title belt, stealing the pin on Show.
Afterwards, John Laurinaitis came out and hit Cena with a chair, but then took an AA. Cena capped the show with some mic work thanking the crowd and talking up Night of Champions to send the crowd home happy.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**