Arena Reports 6/14 TNA results Belton, Tex.: Split-show features Knockouts main event, Crimson loses again
Jun 14, 2012 - 9:47:18 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
TNA house show results
June 14, 2012
Report by Ryan of Austin, Tex., PWTorch reader ( @skapocalypse )
TNA announced at the beginning that they would be declaring a "Knockout of the Night" at the end of the show. What this meant was that different ladies came out to cut promos between matches to declare why they should be chosen. It seemed like a way to just stretch out the show with most of the roster in Orlando for Impact.
- Tara promo.
(1) Douglas Williams beat Robbie T. at 6:45. Robbie was limping around the ring the whole match; it seemed like his left leg was bothering him a lot. Doug won via roll-up in what seemed like a short match thanks to Rob's injury.
- Sarita and Rosita promo / dance-off.
(2) Kazarian beat Kid Kash at 14:49. Kash had big heat using the line about Texas "full of steers and queers." Both guys spent the first three minutes jaw-jacking with WWE's Sign Guy at ringside, who was in fine form tonight. (Don West's replacement even announced that he was here prior to the show starting.) Kaz won via a reverse Tombstone.
- Winter promo. A guy in crowd shouted, "Take your pants off!!"
(3) Garett Bischoff beat Gunner at 7:09. Decent heat for Gunner, and the crowd was pretty solidly behind Garett. Garret won with a cutter-style finisher. After the match, the ring guy acknowledged two live events going on in two separate states for the first-time ever. (Editor's Note: TNA has run split-crew house shows in the past, notably one show on the East Coast and one show in Oklahoma simultaneously.)
- Mickie James promo.
[ Intermission. Crimson signing ]
- Angelina Love promo. "I'm the hottest blonde any of you have laid eyes on," she said.
(4) Matt Morgan beat Crimson at 7:49. Crimson's losing streak extended to two after falling to Morgan's big boot. There was a botched three count about a minute before the actual finish, when Morgan hit a kick and it seemed like Crimson thought it was the time (he never kicked out). Sign Guy's sign read: "Crimson has a new streak going - LOSING."
- Velvet Sky promo. Big pop. Other Knockouts ran out, and the match was on for the main event.
(5) Velvet Sky & Tara & Mickie James beat Winter & Angelona Love & Sarita & Rosita in a four-on-three match in 10 minutes. Velvet won after using her Pedigree-like finisher.
- Velvet was declared "KO of the Night" for the win. $20 to take a photo in the ring with her.
Overall, an okay show considering that most of the roster was in Orlando. It lasted only two hours and 15 minutes, including intermission. I'd say around 1,000 fans in house.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**