Arena Reports 9/26 DGUSA results in Milwaukee: Ring arrives and show delivers strong six-man Dragon Gate match, Bryan Danielson's final independent match,
Sep 26, 2010 - 9:26:29 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
Dragon Gate USA show results
September 26, 2010
Report by Matt Perry, PWTorch reader
The Dragon Gate USA show was excellent, pre-show ring issues aside. The Dragon Gate guys came out to meet the fans while we were waiting, and nearly the entire locker room poured out to help unload the truck, which was a cool sight. On to the show.
(1) Aeroform beat Zero Gravity (C.J. Esparza & Brett Gakiya) in the opener. Flip Kendrick landed a Phoenix Splash variation for the pin. It was a fine match that got the crowd into the show.
(2) CIMA beat Chuck Taylor with the Meteora. This was a great match with a lot of comedy, including a string of spots involving biting each other's feet (you heard me). Taylor managed to get a laugh from the crowd nearly every time he opened his mouth.
Immediately after that match, Johnny Gargano hit the ring to talk to CIMA about joining Warriors International. He was cut short by Drake Younger, and the two proceeded to beat the heck out of each other around the arena.
(3) Johnny Gargano beat Drake Younger with his swinging full nelson facebuster.
(4) Brodie Lee beat Mike Quackenbush, Jimmy Jacobs, Kyle O'Reilly, Silas Young, and Rich Swann in a Six-Pack match. Lee won with a big boot to Swann. This was a fast-paced match that pumped the crowd up to the next level, and the fans were into everything going on here.
(5) Dragon Kid beat Arik Cannon with a crucifix roll-up. I don't know why Cannon and Quackenbush switched matches, but this was a fine match with the crowd solidly behind Kid.
(6) Ricochet beat Gran Akuma with the 630 splash. From what I recall, they kept up a pretty fast pace in this match. There were a couple botched spots, but the crowd gave both men a standing ovation.
John Moxley hit the ring next and tried to do a promo over the crowd chanting at him, "You're gonna get your f'ing head kicked in!" Danielson came out with no music, hit the ring right away, and the place came unglued.
(7) Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan in WWE) beat John Moxley via submission. Danielson applied the Cattle Mutilation and MMS elbows pretty early on. They brawled on the outside for a while, and at some point Danielson was busted open. When they got back in the ring, Danielson applied the Cattle Mutiliation and hit elbows again. When that didn't do the trick, he switched to the LeBell lock, and Moxley tapped. The crowd, understandably, went wild.
After the match, Danielson offered his hand to Moxley, but Gran Akuma attacked from behind. Jimmy Jacobs rushed out with a chair to make the save, and Danielson did a promo thanking the crowd. He stated that he'd probably be back soon once WWE saw the level of violence he'd perpetrated on Moxley. He put over Jacobs for being a veteran of the ring and still taking the time to help set up the ring earlier. Afterward, they played the Final Countdown as Danielson shook hands with the audience. Someone (okay, me) threw a tie into the ring, and Danielson laughed and threatened the camera with it.
(7) Kamikaze USA (Shingo & Akira Tozawa & YAMATO) beat the World One (DGUSA champion BxB Hulk & Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino) in a six-man tag main event. There are no words to describe how awesome it was. If you're reading this, you know how these Dragon Gate six-man tag matches go down, and this one did not disappoint at all. Tons of nearfalls, lots of big moves, Yamato nailed some sickening kicks, and Shingo won it for his team when he hit the Stay Dream (Super DVD) on BxB Hulk. The crowd was insane for this, with nearly everybody on their feet for the last five minutes or so. After the match, Naruki Doi got on the mic and thanked everyone for coming out.
After the show, they held the meet and greet that they couldn't do earlier. Danielson's table was mobbed, of course. The wrestlers were all very appreciative of the support shown to them and many of them hung around for autographs.
Bottom line, this was a great show. I encourage anybody to pick this up when they release the DVD in the future.
[Torch art credit Marco D'Alfonso (c) PWTorch.com]
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**