Arena Reports 8/14 TNA results in Louisiana: Monster's Ball, Jarrett vs. Nash comedy match, Lethal vs. Styles
Aug 14, 2010 - 11:23:56 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
TNA house show report
August 14, 2010
Report by Kyle G., PWTorch reader
The matches were the same as last night's house show in Baton Rouge. Before the opening match, A.J. Styles played up his heel persona telling the audience there would be no backstage passes. Jay Lethal then came out and said that if he beat A.J., then backstage passes would be given out. If A.J. won, then no backstage passes would be given out.
(1) Jay Lethal beat TV champion A.J. Styles in a non-title match.
(2) Taylor Wilde beat Madison Rayne.
(3) Kevin Nash beat Jeff Jarrett. During the match, Jarrett slapped Brian Hebner. This caused Hebner to become enraged and take off his referee t-shirt, then Nash put on the ref's shirt with Hebner's help. Hebner hip-tossed Jarrett and Jarrett got control of the match. He was about to hit Hebner when Slick Johnson ran down. Hebner and Johnson hip tossed Jarrett, then Nash hit the big boot and both refs counted to three. After the match, Jarrett thanked the fans for their support of TNA.
(4) Ink, Inc. (Shannon Moore & Jesse Neal) beat Team 3D (Brother Ray & Brother Devon) after Team 3D collided with each other. Ray then tried to hit Devon, but Devon knocked Bubba down.
[Intermission - Taylor Wilde signed autographs.]
(5) "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero beat Matt Morgan.
(6) Jeff Hardy beat Abyss in a Monster's Ball match with Mick Foley as special referee. The same thing as last night happened. Foley used Socko on Abyss and Hardy hit the Twist of Fate, then Swanton Bomb for the win.
After the show, Hardy signed a few autographs before he went to take pictures. Jesse Neal, Madison Rayne, Pope, Jay Lethal, Shannon Moore, and Matt Morgan also came out to sign autographs. At the end, for showing our support, Jarrett signed autographs for free at the merchandise stand.
Overall, I had a real good time and this was the second house show I have attended in Thibodaux. I got autographs with Mick Foley, Taylor Wilde, Madison Rayne, Matt Morgan, The Pope, Jay Lethal, Shannon Moore, and Jeff Jarrett. TNA's house shows are a great experience and I will go again when they come down here. $50 for front row and the meet & greet was a good value for my ticket.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**