PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
By Sean Radican, Torch columnist
DGUSA LIVE PPV TAPING RESULTS
"OPEN THE UNTOUCHABLE GATE"
SEPTEMBER, 6 2009
(a) FRAY!: Johnny Gargano beat Arik Cannon and Flip Kendrick and Hallowicked and Mustafa Ali and The Great Malaki and Louis Lyndon and Shiima Xion to win the for the second time when he eliminated Hallowicked.
Order of FRAY elimination: Arik Cannon, Shima Xion, The Great Malaki, (The) Flip Kendrick, Hallowicked
(1) Dragon Kid beat Masato Yoshino when Kid pinned Yoshino after a hurricanrana into a crucifix bomb.(14:13)
(2) Mike Quackenbush & Jigsaw beat Gran Akuma & YAMATO when Quackenbush pinned Akuma with a variation of a piledriver. YAMATO attacked Quackenbush and Jigsaw after the match, but Hallowicked made the save. (14:17)
-Jimmy Jacobs made his debut and tried to recruit the Young Bucks to join him, but they turned him down. Genki Horiguchi and Ryo Saito ended up helping Jimmy beat up The Young Bucks.
(3) Naruki Doi beat Bryan Danielson in an incredible match. Danielson came out with no music, so the crowd sang his "The Final Countdown" theme. The match was back and forth throughout. Doi ended up winning after hitting the Doi 555 into the muscular bomb for the pin. After the match Danielson asked other indy wrestlers to take his crown as "the best in the world" while specifically naming Davey Richards. This was very similar to C.M. Punk putting over Delirious on his way out of IWA-MS. After Danielson's speech, the crowd sang his theme again. (22.26)
(4) CIMA beat Brian Kendrick with the air raid crash into diving double knees. CIMA was said to have been way over with the crowd. Match was said to have been good, but not great.
(5) Davey Richards beat Shingo after forcing him to tap to the koji clutch. DGUSA announcer Lenny Leonard said this was one of the best matches he's seen in ages on Facebook. Fan reaction is extremely positive with many people in attendance calling it an incredible all-out in-ring war. (25:45)
After the match, Richards and Danielson were in the ring. He got big heat for refusing Danielson's request to take his place on the indy scene as the best wrestler in the world. Richards ended up beating down Danielson before leaving.
(6) Ryo Saito & Genki Horiguchi beat The Young Bucks in what was said to have been a great main event. The match involved mist blown in the face and a ref bump with the Young Bucks getting a visual fall before the finish.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**