Arena Reports 7/19 Ohio Valley in Louisville, Ky.: TV tapings with Simon Dean, Punk, Albright, Mikey
Jul 20, 2006 - 2:52:00 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
OVW TV taping
July 19, 2006
Report by Marcus Murtado, PWTorch.com correspondent
I was at the OVW TV tapings at the Davis Arean in Louisville last night. Here are the results.
(1) The Riggs Brothers defeated Chad Dick and Eddie Craven. This was the Riggs Brothers first match back in OVW after being released from WWE a while ago. They got a good reaction. Okay match. Chad is still doing the stripper gimmick.
(2) Fearless Jack Bull (with Sosay) defeated Lennox Lightfoot. Sosay did her usual over-the-top introduction for Jack Bull. As Jack was drinking from his flask, he spit what I guess was supposed to be booze into Lightfoot's face allowing him to get the easy pin. Funny.
(3) Mikey (from the Spirit Squad) beat Armando Alejandro Estrada The best part of this was the dueling promos that set it up. Estrada was funny and got the crowd to say "ha ha." Mikey won with a senton bomb.
TAPED FOR TV
(1) Charles Evans beat Pat Buck. Squash. Evans didn't look very good and won with a bodyslam.
(2) Elijah Burke beat Shawn Osbourne. Slightly more competitive squash. Burke now does a patriotic gimmick. The two blondes he has been dancing with during his entrances have now been replaced by Victoria Crawford.
(3) Cody Runnels beat KC James by DQ. James is great in his old school Tommy Rich gimmick. Runnels needs experience. Aaron Stevens interfered on behalf of James which prompted Roadkill to clean house and make a challenge for a tag match at Six Flags.
(4) Simon Dean beat T.J. Dalton. Even though he always jobs, Dalton is catching on with the Davis Arena crowd. Dean won decisively. Afterwards, Al Snow appeared on the big screen challenging Dean to a tag team strap match at the upcoming Six Flags show. Snow's partner will be Brent Albright (and yes, that was the name that was used). Dean accepted the challenge but wouldn't name his partner.
(5) Seth Skyfire & CM Punk beat Deuce & Domino (with Cherry). A bit sloppy but really good. I like Punk and Seth as a team. Both guys are on a roll right now. Deuce & Domino have a great gimmick and have gotten much better in the ring.
(6) Danny Davis made a rare appearance. He thanked the crowd for making OVW a success at Six Flaggs. He was interrupted and attacked by Mikey (Mondo) and Johnny (Jeter) of the Spirit Squad. This beatdown was VICIOUS!!!! Davis took some hard chair shots. Mondo and Jeter were relentless. The locker room cleared out as the babyfaces helped Davis to the back. Best OVW angle in a long time.
MORE DARK MATCHES
(1) Chet the Jet & Serena beat Robbie Dawber and ODB in a mixed tag. Dawber cut a promo with ODB beforehand to set up the match. This was fun.
(2) Brent Albright beat Aaron Stevens. Good competitive match. KC James tried to interfere but was chased out by Roadkill (in street clothes – weird)
NOTES: Good show overall. The Danny Davis angle was great. I was surprised to see "Dr. Death" Steve Williams in attendance. He came out to watch while the mixed tag was going on. He looked good.
QUICK TIPS FOR SENDING RESULTS
If you attend an arena event in future, either house shows or TV tapings, we encourage you to send us a report for publication. You can direct your reports to "matchresults" (@pwtorch. com).
We accept reports in any format, but if it's not much trouble, please format your report like you see above, with the matches numbered like this (1) , (2) , (3) , with the opening line of each match paragraph stating who beat whom (don't just say Wrestler A vs. Wrestler beat with the result listed later; instead, state up front who won so those readers who don't have time to read the entire report (i. e. their boss walks past their cubicle all the time looking beat their shoulder) can at least quickly assess the results.
Also, please list tag teams using the "&" symbol as opposed to stating "and. " Reserve use of " and" when listing results in a threevway or fourvway match where there are no teams (i. e. " Wrestler A beat Wrestler B and Wrestler C in a threevway match" ) so it is easy to differentiate a handicap match from a threevway match.
If you know HTML coding for bolding, you can also bold out the first line of each match description. If you don't know HTML symbols, then we can add those ourselves.
Special thanks to everyone who helps us with reports on live events!
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**