Arena Reports 12/17 ROH in Edison, N.J.: Low Ki vs. KENTA in main event match of year contender
Dec 18, 2005 - 10:19:00 AM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
Ring of Honor "Final Battle 2005"
December 17, 2005
Report by Bob Magee, PWTorch.com correspondent
Ring of Honor debuted in Edison, NJ last night before a standing room only crowd of over 800 at the Inman Sports Center.
(1) Smash Bradley & Mitch Franklin beat Dempsey Bro in 4:00. Double team back senton for the pinfall. Alright tag match.
(2) Pelle Primeau defeated Shane Hagadorn with an armbar submission.
FINAL BATTLE 2005 SHOW
(1) Jimmy Rave defeated Milano Collection AT with a pedigree.
(2) "Classic" Colt Cabana defeated Azrieal.
(3) Nigel McGuinness defeated Claudio Castagnoli by DQ to retain the ROH Pure Title. The end came after a Dusty Finish when Claudio used Nigel Guinness's iron (after a ref bump) and got the pinfall. However, the second referee (who'd been nailed in a ref bump earlier) "saw it" and awarded the match the decision to award the match to Nigel via DQ. This was the only slight sour note of the evening as an audible section of the crowd chanted "Dusty Finish" after the decision.
(4) Alex Shelley defeated Steve Corino by rollup and pinfall. After the match, Homicide jumped Corino and tried to pour Drano down Corino's throat. Cabana came out for the save, Homicide then jumped him, and attempted to pour it down Cabana's throat.
The Ring of Honor Fourth Anniversary "Night 1" was announced for a return to Edison, N.J. in February.
(5) Four Corner Survival Match: Jay Lethal defeated Samoa Joe and "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels and B.J. Whitmer, pinning Whitmer after a swandive headbutt.
(6) Ricky Reyes defeated Davey Andrews in a post-intermission squash.
(7) Generation Next (Austin Aries & Roderick Strong) defeated Tony Mamaluke & Sal Rinauro to retain the ROH Tag Titles after Strong hit a half-nelson backbreaker on Rinauro, with Aries following up with a 450 splash for the pinfall.
(8) "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson defeated Naomichi Marufuji to retain the ROH Hvt. Title after a siers of nearfalls in an incredible match.
(9) KENTA defeated Low Ki to retain the Global Honored Crown Junior Hvt. Title from NOAH. A30 minute Match of the Year nominee, and one of the stiffest matches I've ever seen live, KENTA scored the pin after two Bushido knee strikes. Both KENTA and Low Ki pulled everything out of their arsenals as Low Ki hit 2 Ki Krushers, 2 Double Stomps, a Ki Krusher and KENTA hit his tiger suplex, falcon arrow, avalanche falcon arrow, and "Go To Sleep" moves.
Notes: The crowd was loud, involved and appreciative even though the show lasted until past 12 midnight. The match was greeted with loud "This is awesome" chants; as well as "Thank you NOAH", "Please come back" and "5 Star Match" chants.
QUICK TIPS FOR SENDING RESULTS
If you attend an arena event in future, either house shows or TV tapings, we encourage you to send us a report for publication. You can direct your reports to "matchresults" (@pwtorch. com) .
We accept reports in any format, but if it's not much trouble, please format your report like you see above, with the matches numbered like this (1) , (2) , (3) , with the opening line of each match paragraph stating who beat whom (don't just say Wrestler A vs. Wrestler beat with the result listed later; instead, state up front who won so those readers who don't have time to read the entire report (i. e. their boss walks past their cubicle all the time looking beat their shoulder) can at least quickly assess the results.
Also, please list tag teams using the "&" symbol as opposed to stating "and. " Reserve use of "and" when listing results in a threevway or fourvway match where there are no teams (i. e. "Wrestler A beat Wrestler B and Wrestler C in a threevway match") so it is easy to differentiate a handicap match from a threevway match.
If you know HTML coding for bolding, you can also bold out the first line of each match description. If you don't know HTML symbols, then we can add those ourselves.
Special thanks to everyone who helps us with reports on live events!
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**