WWE Smackdown Report WWE SMACKDOWN RESULTS 12/7: Complete "virtual-time" rundown of Friday night show (w/Shield Video)
Dec 7, 2012 - 9:00:58 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
WWE Smackdown Results
December 7, 2012
Taped 12/4 in N. Charleston, S.C.
The following is a quick rundown of tonight's Smackdown. PWTorch columnist Greg Parks will have a full report later tonight.
- Smackdown opened with the news about C.M. Punk being scratched from a TLC title defense, setting up a new six-man tag main event of Ryback & Daniel Bryan & Kane vs. The Shield. Of note, WWE made Ryback huge in the graphic to stand out from the other five men in the match.
- The opening segment featured a long speech from Smackdown GM Booker T to set up a no-contact contract signing between Big Show and Sheamus ahead of their World Title match at TLC. Sheamus signed, Big Show tipped over the contract table onto Sheamus, and then Show signed the no-contact clause. (If Show makes contact with Sheamus, he is stripped of the World Title.)
Booker T made two matches for tonight: Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio in the main event and Big Show vs. Daniel Bryan...now. [CB]
(1) World Hvt. champion Big Show beat WWE tag champion Daniel Bryan in a two-segment match. Just as Show beat Bryan with a chokeslam, The Shield made their presence felt in the crowd.
- After the match, Shield put the boots to Bryan. Kane tried to make the save, but Shield beat him down. Shield then triple-powerbombed Kane through the Smackdown announce table. [CB]
- Damien Sandow brought a planted fan into the ring to audition for his apprentice. Of course, the "fan" missed the third question and Sandow dismissed him from his sight.
The Miz interrupted Sandow's evening and mocked Sandow's act to the crowd's delight. Sandow sold speechlessness and anger before trying to calm himself down as Miz left the ring.
- TLC: Cena vs. Ziggler for Ziggler's World Title MITB briefcase. Before TLC, it's Cena Saturday tomorrow on CW. [CB]
(2) 3MB beat Brodus Clay & the Usos in a six-man tag match. Drew McIntyre won with a Future Shock DDT following ringside chaos.
- Backstage, Wade Barrett vowed to take out Randy Orton. [CB]
(3) Randy Orton beat Wade Barrett in a two-segment match. IC champion Kofi Kingston was on commentary throughout setting up his title defense against Barrett at TLC. For the finish, Barrett teased removing a turnbuckle pad, which drew Kofi to the ring apron complaining about Barrett set to cheat. This allowed Orton to drop Barrett with an RKO for the win. [CB]
(4) Great Khali & Hornswoggle beat Primo & Epico. More bizarreness. Natalya and Rosa Mendes scrapped on the outside, P&E bullied Swoggle, and Khali made the save for the win.
- Raw Rebound on the Lie Detector Test that closed Raw. The video stopped with Ryback standing tall over Punk after putting him through a table. Back on Smackdown, Mathews read Mr. McMahon's message that Punk is injured, is out of TLC, and the new main event is Shield vs. Ryback & Bryan & Kane.
- Video Package on The Shield. In a close-up, handheld video that was shot unlike a typical WWE video, Ambrose, Reigns, and Rollins explained their attacks on Ryback, Orton, Bryan, and Kane. Also, Rollins denied association with anyone, including Punk and Heyman. Ambrose closed by telling Ryback, Bryan, and Kane to bring swords and shields with tables, ladders, and chairs at the PPV. [CB]
- In the ring, U.S. champion Antonio Cesaro ran down the American Dream, then mocked Dusty Rhodes via graphic on the Titantron. R-Truth interrupted on-stage to deliver a "dose of the truth" to Cesaro about America. Truth eventually entered the ring to tackle Cesaro. After a brief brawl, Cesaro bailed, dusted himself off, re-arranged his shoulderbag, and opted not to return to the ring for his U.S. Title belt. [CB]
(5) Sheamus beat Alberto Del Rio via submission to the Texas Cloverleaf in a two-segment match. Before the mid-match commercial, Big Show came out on-stage for a closer look at the action. After the break, Del Rio busted out a rare, clean top-rope moonsault for a nearfall. Del Rio tried again later, but missed, allowing Sheamus to apply the finishing submission.
- After the match, Big Show entered the ring to try to goad Sheamus into striking him. Show even closed his eyes to give Sheamus a good striking chance, so Sheamus grabbed Ricardo Rodriguez and threw Ricardo into Show's crotch. Show's eyes rolled into the back of his head as he fell to the mat selling the effects. Sheamus stood tall to close Smackdown.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**