KELLER'S TAKE KELLER'S SIX PACK - Raw 11/12: Thoughts & Observations on final Raw leading to Survivor Series
Nov 13, 2012 - 11:56:13 AM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
By Wade Keller, PWTorch editor
- End-of-the-show Analysis: Solid final angle to hype Survivor Series. Classic technique to show the lead babyface beating the heel in a non-title match on TV before the title match that fans have to pay for. It gives fans hope and a taste of what they're supposed to pay for later. This definitely will do bigger business Sunday than the Team Foley vs. Team Punk concept was going to. The apparent babyface turn of The Miz is a potentiall nice side effect of the change in the line-up since they were very weak on the babyface ledger when Cena went down, and Miz might end up being better off career-wise as a babyface using his wit against heels.
- I must admit I laughed out loud at C.M. Punk's music interrupting Jerry Lawler's return speech. One of those "only in professional wrestling" moments.
- Dolph Ziggler's promo after the two opening matches is one of those instances where he should be talking about retribution winning the tag match after losing the opening singles match. The fact that he's obviously so quickly moved beyond the match outcomes themselves to be worried about the A.J.-Cena situation diminishes the very concept of matches. If he's moved on already, why did we care in the first place about them? It's an area where WWE could improve, giving more weight to match outcomes.
- In the ring, Ziggler is still a level above even other really athletic, crisp workers like Orton and Kingston in terms of his execution of everything.
- WWE might be realizing the dynamic with Kane and Bryan was overexposed last month, as their third hour appearance was their latest appearance on Raw in a long time. It's still feeling too corny and cheesy and overplayed.
- Mid-way through the third hour, Michael Cole plugged Sheamus vs. David Otunga up next. Then, America reached for the remote.
(Wade Keller's full Raw TV report was first published for VIP members on Monday night. Keller's full report includes added analysis with more thoughts and select key quotes posted exclusively on the PWTorch VIP website and VIP mobile site. Subscribe here: PWTorch.com/GoVIP)
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**