KELLER'S TAKE KELLER'S SIX PACK: Random thoughts & observations on Monday's Raw with major Survivor Series changes
Nov 6, 2012 - 6:20:32 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
By Wade Keller, PWTorch editor
- As Ross and Cole hyped the new Survivor Series tag match, and noted that someone now has to fill the void left by Ryback, it jumped out that the whole reason for Mick Foley being a team captain evaporated when Punk was moved to the tag match. In fact, last week's Raw now seems a bit like the "dream season" of Dallas; it's been essentially wiped from the books. Not a bad idea, actually, for multiple reasons.
- Regarding the tit-for-tat between Rhodes Scholars and Team Hell No, I suppose Kane couldn't lose to Damien Sandow, and they had to go even-steven after Cody Rhodes won first against Daniel Bryan, but it still seemed to be a setback for Sandow to lose in just three minutes to Kane. Sandow could be defined down as vastly inferior to Kane just as WWE needs to keep him and any other up-and-coming heels somewhat strong. This entire two-match scenario a little too closely resembled what they did on Smackdown on Friday with a different set of teams.
- Backstage, Heyman explained that Miz is contemptible and conniving and cowardly (that's Heyman's signature three word alliteration series he almost always does). He then asked Wade Barrett to join their team. That's a good move. Barrett can benefit more from being in that tag match than Miz can.
- It's a good thing Big Show was on commentary for Sheamus vs. Miz, because the pace of this match felt like they were given ten extra minutes to fill without any chance to plan for it. Show added some entertainment value.
- After Brad Maddox said his dream is to become a WWE Superstar, I was expecting Bruce Prichard, Al Snow, and Taz to walk out now and decide whether he got a contract.
- Titus O'Neil continues to grow as a performer in terms of carrying himself like he's a star.
(Wade Keller's full report on Raw start to finish plus added analysis with random thoughts and select key quotes has been posted exclusively on the PWTorch VIP website and VIP mobile site. Subscribe here: PWTorch.com/GoVIP)
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**