WWE News WWE NEWS: SPOILERS - Smackdown TV taping report - Second Detailed Results on Smackdown, Main Event, NXT Dark Match, Orton vs. Bryan bonus main event, more
Oct 30, 2013 - 10:35:15 AM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
WWE Smackdown TV taping report
October 29, 2013
Report by Josh Parry, PWTorch correspondent
Just as in Orlando for Raw, Bob Backlund was out greeting fans at the arena doors.
Dark Match: Sami Zayn beat Adrian Neville. The show kicked off with Sami Zayn out to a nice reaction in NXT territory. Lots of 'Ole!' chants and support. Out next was Adrian Neville, playing the heel. He earned some heat with his mannerisms and taunts toward Zayn. Good match, with a mix of ground wrestling and high-flying. Neville was particularly impressive with his aerial offense. He finished with a Corkscrew Shooting Star Press that popped the crowd.
WWE Main Event SPOILERS
(1) Ryback beat Kofi Kingston. Ryback pretty much dominated throughout, but had his mouth bloodied early. There was a period of "Goldberg" chants that Ryback shut down by delivering a Jackhammer.
(2) Santino beat Heath Slater (w/Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre). Not much to say on this one. Santino delivered his usual comedy spots to a good reaction from the crowd, and won with the Cobra.
(3) Fandango beat The Great Khali (w/Hornswoggle and Natalya). About what you'd expect: pretty cringe-worthy match. A highlight was Summer Rae yelling at Hornswoggle ringside. I wish I could remember the finish, but the match, along with this episode of Main Event, was pretty forgettable.
(4) Los Matadores (w/El Torito) beat Los Locales. Quick and painless. Los Matadores won with their double team finisher. "Tyson Kidd" chants popped up here and there.
WWE Smackdown SPOILERS
- HIAC and Raw recap video.
- New World Hvt. champion John Cena came out to a loud mix of boos but mostly cheers. He reiterated that he is back as the World Heavyweight Champion not only to appear on Raw, but on Smackdown. He did his shtick, went to finish with "The Champ is here..." but was interrupted by The Real Americans. Zeb suggested that Cena align with his group of Real Americans and be a champion for his agenda. Cena responded by berating the appearances of all three men, including Swagger's resemblance to Biff, Cesaro's big nipples, and Zeb's likeness to Yosemite Sam. B.A. Star, Cena!
Before things could get physical, Damien Sandow entered the fray. He call Cena a hypocrite because since returning, he's had everything handed to him on a plate, including his championship, while people like Sandow have been stabbing their best friends in the back, winning ladder matches, and fighting to become champion. Hence, Sandow has established his sole purpose in life to end the Cena Era in WWE. Things got physical, so The Rhodes Bros. emerged to even the numbers. Vickie Guerrero came out on stage to make a six-man tag match official for the main event.
- The Shield came on the Titantron with a hand-held promo. Ambrose summarized how The Usos and Big E. have been a thorn in the Shield's side in recent weeks, before stating that he and Rollins would make them believe in The Shield. Reigns looked on dejectedly.
(1) The Usos (w/Big E. Langston) beat Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins (w/Roman Reigns). Reigns was a factor at ringside, so Big E. came out to his home crowd, mid-match, to even the numbers. The Usos then knocked off The Shield. Post-match, Reigns attempted a solo assault on the Usos, but Ambrose and Rollins rushed the ring to restrain him. Reigns face turn, incoming!
- A graphic aired for Miz TV featuring Shawn Michaels, later tonight.
- A Raw Rebound aired, chronicling the Wyatt Family's dual-assaults on Raw last night.
(2) Luke Harper & Erick Rowan (w/Bray Wyatt) beat The Prime Time Players. The Wyatt Family entered from under the ring when the lights dimmed. It was a quick squash. Bryan entered the ring post-match and laughed at the carnage.
-Miz TV: The Miz entered and announced, "Shawn Michaels has left the building." As The Miz began to deliberate why Shawn Michaels wouldn't want to show his face tonight, Randy Orton's music hit and he came to the ring with a mic in hand. He told Miz that the last time he ran his mouth, Orton beat the hell out of him in front of his parents as the crowd practically egged him on. When Miz went to retort, Orton dropped him with an RKO and left to the back
(3) Natalya & The Bella Twins beat Divas champion A.J. Lee & Tamina & Alicia Fox in a six-Divas tag match. It was what it was. A.J. was over.
- A clip aired from earlier today in which Michael Cole asked Triple H what he makes of Big Show's lawsuit. Triple H no-sold, saying he doesn't care about Big Show's frivolous lawsuit or David Otunga's irrelevant opinion. Instead, Big Show is permanently banned from WWE.
(4) WWE World Hvt. champion John Cena & WWE Tag Team champions Cody Rhodes & Goldust beat Damien Sandown & The Real Americans (w/ Zeb Colter) in a six-man tag main event. The first half of the match really dragged, with the heels isolating Goldust for what seemed like an eternity, but the comeback was a lot of fun, and the crowd was roaring behind Cody and Cena. Cena pinned Swagger after an AA.
- The babyfaces posed and high-fived fans to end the televised portion of this week's "Tag Team edition" of Smackdown. Somewhere, Teddy Long is beaming.
Dark Match: Daniel Bryan beat WWE champion Randy Orton via DQ; Orton retained the WWE Championship. Bryan was in full "Yes!" mode for the crowd. It was a house-show style match in which Bryan got in all of his signature spots. At one point, he hurled Orton over the announce table, stood on top of it, put on JBL's hat, and "Yes'd" with the crowd. The Shield stormed the ring as Bryan had Orton in the Yes! Lock, signaling the DQ. The Usos re-emerged to keep The Shield at bay long enough for Bryan to hit Orton with knee. He did a victory-lap for the fans before heading to the back.
- Lillian Garcia thanked us all for coming. WWE Live will be back at the Tampa Bay Times Forum on Saturday, February 1.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**