- Smackdown GM Vickie Guerrero opened Smackdown to address the WWE Title situation. Vickie was interrupted by former WWE champion Daniel Bryan after Vickie trashed Bryan's short title reign. Vickie wanted Bryan to fess up to a conspiracy with ref Scott Armstrong, but Bryan claimed the win was clean because Orton was knocked out.
The Main Event was then announced for Smackdown of Shield facing each person who interfered at the end of Raw one at a time, so ten handicap matches. Or, just one big gauntlet match. Bryan was included.
(1) Divas champion A.J. Lee submitted Naomi to the Black Widow. Natalya was on commentary.
(2) Santino beat Jack Swagger (w/Zeb Colter) via roll-up.
(3) Ryback beat a jobber from Cincinnati. Ryback was backed by Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel, who was in a suit. Heyman talked, then Ryback said he hates bullies.
- Randy Orton came out for an interview. "I've been suppressing what is deep down inside because I thought that's what you wanted," Orton said. "I ripped the door down and let the Viper out." Orton added that he took out Miz to make an example out of him. "I'm talking scorched earth," he said. The Shield came out, so Orton left.
(4) The Shield vs. Babyfaces Gauntlet took place:
(a) Shield squashed Prime Time Players. First Darren Young, then Titus O'Neil.
(b) Dolph Ziggler lost via count-out after being speared on the outside.
(c) Kofi Kingston was pinned.
(d) Rob Van Dam is starting to win and sets up for Rolling Thunder when Triple H interrupts. Hunter yelled at Vickie, then sent both Vickie and The Shield to the back. Hunter said Vickie doesn't know what's "best for business." Hunter told Vickie to make a six-man tag match of Shield vs. Usos and Daniel Bryan.
Backstage, Hunter tells Zack Ryder and Justin Gabriel to go to the ring for "fair competition."
Backstage, Triple H apologized to Rob Van Dam for ending his match prematurely, then gave him a World Title re-match against Alberto Del Rio at Battleground. Del Rio attacked RVD from behind.
(6) World Hvt. champion Alberto Del Rio submitted R-Truth with the armbar.
(7) Daniel Bryan & The Usos beat The Shield in a six-man tag match. The crowd was burnt out at this point. Bryan, wrestling with a huge welt on his thigh, made his usual comeback before pinned Ambrose to win the match.
Afterward, Bryan was the last one in the ring still celebrating, but Orton attacked him to end the show.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**