WWE News WWE NEWS: Loaded Raw TV Dallas preview - WM29 main event implications, Lesnar advertised, McMahon returning for a "fight," how will WWE handle Swagger post-DUI?, more
Feb 25, 2013 - 3:30:42 AM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
By James Caldwell, PWTorch assistant editor
WWE has loaded up this week's three-hour WWE Raw episode from Dallas, Texas. WWE is viewing Monday's Raw as a chance to strongly kick off the WrestleMania 29 hard-sell about six weeks away from the PPV.
In-play for Raw:
- John Cena vs. C.M. Punk "One More Time" where the winner advances to face WWE champion The Rock at WM29. Cena is putting up his Royal Rumble match victory against Punk, who Cena was unable to beat during Punk's one-year-plus title reign.
- Mr. McMahon is returning to TV after a brief absence to sell the effects of Brock Lesnar delivering an FU. McMahon is advertised to "fight" Paul Heyman.
- Brock Lesnar is advertised for this week's Raw, and is expected to get involved in the McMahon-Heyman business. Whether it also brings back Triple H and/or The Undertaker, who returned to WWE at a house show over the weekend, remains to be seen.
- WWE champion The Rock is not scheduled for this week's show. Rock is advertised for next week, but Lesnar is not, continuing a pattern of Lesnar and Rock rotating Raws.
- One of the big questions for Raw is how WWE handles Jack Swagger (Jake Hager). Hager is five days removed from an arrest for allegedly driving under the influence, speeding, and possessing marijuana. WWE has yet to formally comment on the arrest, which was believed to be because they would run an angle on television before addressing it. This is the first live TV episode since Hager's arrest.
Also in-play related to Swagger and his manager, Zeb Colter, is how WWE will handle conservative commentator Glenn Beck turning down an "invitation" to appear on Raw from Dallas, where Beck resides. Beck offered a one-line response to the invite: "Unfortunately I am currently booked doing anything else."
It's worth noting that WWE has a history of childish responses when WWE goes for mainstream publicity and someone turns down an overture to get involved.
- Related to The Shield, there is not a clear path to WrestleMania for the trio, but they picked up two clean, impressive victories over top face teams last week at Elimination Chamber and the post-PPV Raw.
- Chris Jericho is not scheduled for Raw due to his current international tour with "Fozzy."
- Rey Mysterio is advertised for Raw. Other stars advertised include World Hvt. champion Alberto Del Rio, Big Show, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Ryback, WWE tag champions Kane & Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler & Big E. Langston & A.J. Lee, IC champion Wade Barrett, U.S. champion Antonio Cesaro, Cody Rhodes, and Layla.
Torch Reader Alert: We're looking for a correspondent at the TV taping. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**