WWE News WWE NEWS: Smackdown SPOILERS 12/14 - Complete results for Friday's episode, plus bonus main event
Dec 11, 2012 - 9:41:11 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
WWE Smackdown TV taping results
December 11, 2012
Report by PWTorch VIP member Zim
Not an impressive crowd. I would guess 2,000 fans. The first tier of the arena and literally almost half of the building is blocked off.
Smackdown SPOILERS 12/14
- Sheamus and Antonio Cesaro were on commentary to open the show.
(1) Big Show beat R-Truth with the KO Punch. Nothing special. Post-match, Show and Sheamus had a stare down. Cesaro then hit Sheamus from behind and both heels ran off to the back.
- Big Show was backstage claiming that when Cesaro shoved Sheamus, he bumped Show, which was a violation of the no-contact clause. Booker essentially said shut up, the match at TLC is on.
- Damien Sandow came to the ring and introduced Cody Rhodes who was met with "Cody's mustache" several times.
(2) Rhodes Scholars defeated the Usos when Sandow rolled up one of them with a handful of tights. Cody's mustache was the most over thing in the match; fans reacted to Rhodes Scholars big time.
Big Show and David Otunga talked backstage to set up an in-ring segment next.
- Show and Otunga made their way to the ring. They said that Sheamus violated the no-contact agreement, and since Booker did nothing, they're going to the Board of Directors to get the match called off and have Booker removed as GM.
Booker interrupted, followed by Sheamus, who hit the ring with a chair and said that if the contract has been broken, then there's nothing stopping him from unloading on Show with the chair now. Show cowered away and said the contract was still valid so the TLC match is in. Otunga ate a Brogue Kick to end the segment.
- Backstage, the Shield was finishing up a beat down on Orton by the time the camera was turned on. They walked away, leaving Orton lying through a table.
(3) Kaitlyn beat Aksana. Aksana literally held a single headlock the entire match. Just awful.
- Backstage, Striker announced that Orton suffered a separated shoulder and possible concussion from The Shield attack.
Miz TV was announced as up next.
-- Tag champs Team Hell No were the guests on Miz TV. The put themselves over as united and unstoppable. Suddenly, one of those glitchy Shield videos interrupted. After it concluded, The Shield were shown in a luxury box and slowly made their way to the ring. Half-way down, Ryback's music hit and he came to the ring. The Shield headed back up the stairs and disappeared.
(A note on The Shield. I have been to many WWE events, but I have never felt a buzz in the air at a WWE show like what came over the arena when The Shield was amongst us. They provide such an unpredictable spark to fans live in attendance.)
(4) Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel & Khali & Hornswoggle beat Primo & Epico & Prime Time Players in an eight-man tag match when Kidd rolled up one of the Colons.
(5) IC champion Kofi Kingston pinned Alberto del Rio in a non-title match. Pretty big upset, in my opinion. Perhaps this will mean good things for the IC champ. Post-match, Wade Barrett ran down to blindside Kofi, but Kofi evaded and hit Trouble in Paradise.
A graphic said Cena and Ziggler in a face-to-face was next, but then Sheamus came out for a match with Antonio Cesaro.
(6) U.S. champion Antonio Cesaro defeated Sheamus via count-out in a non-title match. Good match. At the end, Big Show came out with an injured William Regal. Sheamus went after Show, but not before Show cracked Regal with a chair. Show walked away smiling, knowing that Sheamus couldn't touch him.
With no mention of an advertised John Cena and Dolph Ziggler face-to-face, Booker called Sheamus and Show back out. And, the dark main event was on. The crowd was super disappointed from what I could tell.
Dark Main Event: Sheamus beat World Hvt. champion Big Show via DQ when Show used a chair. So much for the no-contact agreement they signed... Post-match, Show gained the upper hand until Sheamus fought back with a Brogue Kick. The end? Wow.
Overall, lackluster show that honestly missed the presence of Dolph Ziggler.
Blah. I'm disappointed with my overall experience; the show ended 10 minutes short of 10:00 p.m. EST and the crowd was pushed out of the arena because they didn't actually think it was over.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**