TNA News TNA NEWS: Impact SPOILERS 2/14 - Full Results for third Impact episode taped in the U.K.
Jan 26, 2013 - 10:32:33 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
TNA Impact TV taping results
January 26, 2013
London, England at Wembley Arena
Report by Paul Stone, PWTorch reader
Wembley Arena was approximately 90 percent full. The crowd was loud and rabid all night long.
Xplosion Result: Kenny King beat Zema Ion in an Xscape the cage match.
SPOILERS February 14 (U.S.)/Feb. 17 (U.K.)
Hulk Hogan came out to a big ovation. He announced four matches where eight guys would get the chance to impress him and at the end of the show he'll announce the number one contender to Jeff Hardy at Lockdown.
Hulk then introduced Sting as captain for a War Games match against four members of Aces & Eights at lockdown.
(1) Magnus defeated Christopher Daniels. Kazarian got thrown out for attempted interference, allowing Magnus to score the win with the elbow drop.
(2) Bobby Roode vs. Austin Aries ended in a double count-out when Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez came to the ramp and distracted them. Hijinx ensued as both wrestlers refused to lie down for the other, and were both cheating to try to get an advantage. The only ref bump of the night saw the old Eddie shenanigans where both men pretended they had been hit by a chair. Of note, when Chavo and Hernandez came out, they were booed.
(3) Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe ended in a No Contest when Garett Bischoff and Wes Brisco came in and attacked both. Best match of the show, in my opinion. Angle and Joe forced Bischoff and Brisco into retreat rather easily.
(4) James Storm beat X Division champion Rob Van Dam in a non-title match. Storm won via Last Call Superkick.
(5) KO champion Tara & Gail Kim & Jessie beat "Party" Marty Scurll & Blossom Twins in a mixed six-person tag match. The finish came when Gail beat one of the Blossoms with Eat Defeat. Marty took a bad spill at the end of the match where he seemed to overshoot his dive between the turnbuckles and seemed to catch himself on the metal guardrail. He walked away seemingly okay after a few minutes.
After the match, Gail Kim called out Brooke Hogan, demanding a title match against tara. Brooke came out and granted her the match, but also added Velvet and Miss Tessmacher to make it a four-way. Brooke also said she would sit at ringside.
The final segment of the show was Hogan coming back down to the ring to announce the number one contender. He was quickly interrupted by Aces & Eights, who were then backed down by Hogan, Bully Ray, and Sting, who brought two baseball bats and a cricket bat. A&E members who came out were Mr. Anderson, Garett Bischoff, Wes Brisco, Knox, D.O.C., Devon, and one unmasked member. No sign of Taz.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**