Arena Reports SHOW RESULTS - 2/16 ROH in Cincinnati, Ohio: S.C.U.M. vs. Team Richards main event, next ROH Title match teased at show-end, Briscoes in singles action
Feb 17, 2013 - 1:46:47 AM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
Ring of Honor show results
February 16, 2013
Report by Rob, PWTorch correspondent
Great turn-out Saturday night in Cincinnati. Estimated 800+ in attendance.
Before the show, Adam Cole, Davey Richards, Michael Elgin, and B.J. Whitmer signed autographs and posed for pictures. Manning the merchandise table was Nigel McGuiness, who was selling and signing his autobiographical DVD.
The night started off with Q.T. Marshall generating some heat with the crowd leading into a match with Jay Briscoe.
(1) ROH tag champions Jay Briscoe beat Q.T. Marshall via pinfall.
(2) Jay Lethal defeated Tadarius Thomas via Lethal Injection.
(3) ROH tag champion Mark Briscoe pinned Spyder Nate Webb after a froggy bow. Lots of comedy with the Redneck Kung-fu in the beginning.
(4) Roderick Strong pinned A.C.H. after a great back-and-forth match. A.C.H. had the crowd solidly behind him even before breaking out his high-flying moves. ROH could have a rising star on their hands with A.C.H. At the time, this looked like the easy match of the night.
After intermission, Truth Martini came out with two women without a lot of clothes on for his show called "Hoopla." After some cheap gags he brought out ROH TV champion Adam Cole to challenge him to defend his title soon against Matt Taven. Cole super kicked Truth to the delight of the fans.
Charlie Hass cut a promo that went as low as insulting some fans in wheelchairs. As tasteless as that was, his match with Pepper Parks was just as disappointing.
(5) Charlie Haas beat Pepper Parks. Parks gave some good effort, but the finish was opening a shaken can of Milwaukee's Best in Parks's eyes to blind him followed by a roll-up.
(6) B.J. Whitmer beat Kyle O'Reilly via submission. Whitmer and O'Reilly started off methodically, but they heated up to have a great match that saw Whitmer go over by submission. Hard-hitting as expected by both men.
Next was a very fun main event with Steen, Corino, and Jacobs against Richards, Cole, and Elgin in a six-man elimination tag.
(7) S.C.U.M. (ROH champion Kevin Steen & Steve Corino & Jimmy Jacobs) beat Davey Richards & TV champion Adam Cole & Michael Elgin in a six-man elimination tag match. Richards and Cole were eliminated first followed by Corino and Jacobs before Steen pinned Elgin after interference by S.C.U.M.
After the match, Jay Lethal and the Briscoes came out for the save with Lethal confronting Steen. During the main event, all six men worked hard and had great spots. S.C.U.M. seemed to have a great time working the ringside crowd insulting fans during the match.
All in all, it was easily worth the price of attending, and it was announced they will be back in Cincinnati before the end of 2013.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**