Arena Reports SHOW RESULTS - 2/15 TNA in Huntington, W. Va.: Hardy vs. Aries steel cage main event, Angle wrestles tag match, Beer Money
Feb 16, 2013 - 12:37:12 AM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
TNA house show results
February 15, 2013
Huntington, W. Va.
Report by Brandon Dingess, PWTorch reader
Pretty good attendance for tonight's show, more then the past few years. Tara was signing autographs at the merchandise table before the show started.
Jeremy Borash came out and introduced the first match of the show. Earl Hebner then came out and did his usual Bret Hart imitation to some heat.
(1) Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez beat Matt Morgan & Joey Ryan. Basic back and forth match; Chavo and Big Mex dominated early. Ryan and Morgan made a comeback, which didn't last long. Chavo and Hernandez then won with a frog splash. Nothing spectacular happened; basic tag match. (*)
Next was the Knockouts Title match.
(2) Knockouts champion Tara beat Velvet Sky by holding the ropes. Basic Knockouts match with some decent back and forth. There was a funny spot where Brian Hebner grabed hold of both girls's boobs, which Tara was outraged by, but Velvet let him get a handfull of hers. After the match, Velvet hit her finisher on Tara to please the crowd.
JB came out next and introduced Kurt Angle, who was not advertised until late this week. He came out to talk about how to fight the Olympics getting rid of wrestling. He was jumped by Devon and Wes Brisco, which brought out Bully Ray to even the odds and it turn things into a tag match.
(3) Kurt Angle & Bully Ray beat TV champion Devon & Wes Brisco when Angle hit the Angle Slam on Wes for the 1, 2, 3. (**)
Next match was Bobby Roode vs. James Storm.
(4) TNA tag champion Bobby Roode beat James Storm. Bobby stalled a lot to start, only for James to chase after him and bring him back in. Very funny spot where Storm dumped a whole thing of popcorn down the back of Bobby's trunks; he had popcorn coming out of his trunks all match. Bobby won with a low-blow after Austin Aries came down to distract the ref. (**)
Intermission started with James Storm signing autographs and the Hebners at the merchandise table.
After intermission, the main event started with Jeff Hardy defending his TNA Heavyweight Championship against Austin Aries in a steel cage match.
(5) TNA World Hvt. champion Jeff Hardy beat TNA tag champion Austin Aries in a steel cage match to retain the TNA World Title. Nothing spectacular, actually pretty disappointing for the talent that both have. The ending was pretty lame. Brian Hebner got bumped, which led to Bobby Roode coming out and pulling Aries out of the cage, which led to James Storm to come out and put Aries back in and get revenge on Roode for earlier in the night. Hardy won with the Twist of Fate. (*1/2)
Hardy stayed after the show to take pictures for $20 bucks.
Not the best show I've been to, and I've been to every show that's come to Huntington.
Best Match: James Storm vs. Bobby Roode
Worst Match: Morgan & Joey Ryan vs. Chavo & Hernandez
(1) Jeff Hardy
(2) Kurt Angle
(3) James Storm, Velvet Sky
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**