Arena Reports SHOW RESULTS - 12/26 WWE in Chicago: Steel Cage main event, Barrett loses three times, A-Ri & Fandango resurface
Dec 27, 2012 - 11:36:10 AM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
WWE Smackdown house show results
December 26, 2012
Report by Dylon Wells, PWTorch correspondent
It was a pretty full house of around 15,000.
(1) Alberto Del Rio won a 12-man Battle Royal at 5:08 to join Kofi Kingston and Wade Barrett for tonight's Intercontinental Championship match. An average battle royal to kick off the show. (3/4*)
(2) Layla & Alicia Fox defeated Aksana & Tamina Snuka at 8:41. A little comedy here and there not a bad match. (*)
Matt Striker then announced that later tonight that there will be a special attraction tag team match where the loser must sing Christmas carols. The choices were (A) - Jingle bells or (B) - Rudolph.
(3) Alex Riley defeated Michael McGillicutty at 8:11. Not bad action between these two. They need some more TV time to develop, but they are improving. (*1/2)
(4) Fandango defeated Ted DiBiase at 8:44. Fandango can get some good heat, and these two worked pretty good together. (*3/4)
(5) Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel defeated 3MB (Heath Slater & Jinder Mahal w/Drew McIntyre) at 15:41. These teams know how to deliver in the ring. The involvement of Drew on the outside made this better as well. Really good tag match. (**1/4)
(6) Great Khali & Hornswoggle defeated Primo & Epico (w/Rosa Mendes) at 5:49. This was the special attraction tag team match where the loser must sing a Christmas carol chosen by the fans. Pretty entertaining as expected. After the match, Primo and Epico eventually picked Rosa Mendes to sing "Rudolph" and she got booed for singing bad. Epico eventually sang Feliz Navidad and got a few cheers. (3/4*)
(7) IC champion Kofi Kingston defeated Wade Barrett and Alberto Del Rio in a three-way match at 11:54 to retain the Intercontinental Championship. Very good back and forth action with some nice nearfalls. (***)
Afterward, Barrett was still in the ring and demanded a re-match. He said he will not walk out of Chicago a loser. Kofi then comes back to the ring to accept Barrett's challenge.
(8) IC champion Kofi Kingston defeated Wade Barrett at 2:01 to retain the Intercontinental Championship. (1/2*)
Barrett says he is still not accepting defeat and challenges anyone in the back. At this point, there were a lot of Ryback chants. Ted DiBiase then stormed the ring.
(9) Ted DiBiase defeated Wade Barrett at 0:48. Ted proceeded with a "USA" chant as an angry Barrett went backstage after losing for the third time. (N/R)
(10) World Hvt. champion Big Show defeated Sheamus in a Steel Cage match at 16:52 to retain the World Heavyweight Championship. Very good match from both as expected. (***1/2)
Afterward, Show got a chair and attempted to hit Sheamus, but Sheamus grabbed the chair, kicked Show in the gut, whacked him in the back, and followed with a Brogue Kick to send the crowd home happy.
A very enjoyable show I must say.
(1) Sheamus (by far)
(2) Kofi Kingston
(3) Alberto Del Rio
(4) Great Khali
(1) Wade Barrett
(2) Big Show
(3) Epico & Primo
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**